It's finally November!

KLN

• Members

This month, we celebrate Thanksgiving. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, which for me is the official kickoff to Christmas when Santa rides in at the end. ;) Four weeks after that will be Christmas.

Being that this is my favorite time of year -- from falltime right into the crisp early months of winter -- I'm so excited that it's finally November! The holidays aren't far off now. Who wants to celebrate?

YAY FOR NOVEMBER!!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm celebrating right along with ya Kenny. I love the Holidays. eating, shopping, wrapping gifts, the soaps, drinking hot cocoa. Winter is so cozy and comforting. I'm currently on a leave of absence from work until after Jan, so this year will be even more enjoyable for me :)

And You, No more rude ass Sears customers like last year YAY!

• Members

"I love the Holidays. eating, shopping, wrapping gifts, the soaps, drinking hot cocoa. Winter is so cozy and comforting."

I know! I love going out in the cold, snowy weather to shop for gifts and seeing all of the hustling, bustling crowds of Christmas shoppers. Then coming home to wrap everything I just bought while I listen to classic Christmas music like Nat King Cole and light warm apple cinnamon Christmas scented candles. And watching all of those classic Christmas movies -- A Christmas Story, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Rudolph, Frosty! And just when you think it's over with comes the final celebration -- New Year's Eve! From Thanksgiving to Christmas to NYE, it's just one nonstop holiday, and I love it. I'm probably crazy, LoL, but I already have a few Christmas decorations up. And I have Christmas candles burning as I type this.

"And You, No more rude ass Sears customers like last year YAY!"

DAMN SKIPPY! LoL Although, I will miss it. I loved getting to go to work and listening to Christmas music that was played, and watching the shoppers in the busy mall. And though there were bad apples, for the most part, everyone was excited about Christmas. The day after Thanksgiving is always hell though, LoL.

• Members

Kenny you summed up basically how I feel about Winter and the Christmas Season. I love EVERY moment of it.

I love waking up, looking out the window and seeing mounds of snow all over the place and the cool crisp fresh air when you go outside.

I love snow storms and watching the snow fall at night in front of the light posts outside. I love December when everyone starts putting up christmas lights on their houses, and streets start getting decorated and of course all the christmas baking and my mom is [!@#$%^&*] KILLER with decorations. I love waking up at home and coming downstairs to a house decked to the nines in christmas decorations, its such a safe and warm feeling that I will NEVER stop loving no matter how old I get.

I love waking up in the morning and it is still dark out and its cold and the house is so warm.

I am SO eager to get back to BC for winter, cause we get NO snow or anything here.

Another thing I love about winter is snowmobiling in the back trails with my dad, playing hockey with all my buds back home out at the lakes near my home town, christmas tree hunting, extreme tubing and of course snowboarding.

• Members

Y'know what I love? Driving around to look at Christmas lights and decorations. Every neighborhood has that one house that's just decorated like crazy. We have one here where they actually pass out hot cocoa to people driving by because it's such an attraction, LoL

We also have a Christmas light thingy at the park. All sorts of lights up in the trees, and displays. You can drive through or walk through, and Christmas music is playing everywhere. And there's a warm cabin that you can go into with a roaring fireplace and there's a Santa Claus inside, and they hand out hot cocoa and cookies and it's just so warm and comforting.

Can't wait 'til Christmas

"I love waking up, looking out the window and seeing mounds of snow all over the place and the cool crisp fresh air when you go outside."

Me too! I also love the look of snow clouds when a snowstorm is coming in. And the past few years, it's always managed to snow on Christmas Eve, which is wonderful. And speaking of Christmas Eve, don't you love how all the radio stations start playing back to back holiday music? Hell, last year, there was one that started playing all holiday music right after Halloween, LoL. I'll have to find it. But I digress..

• Members

OMG I know what you mean. Back in my hometown we have this historic victorian style Court House with a parallel line of huge maples trees going down this big long walkway. During Winter Fest, they light two trees on either side of the walkway with hundres of cyrstal lights each day from Dec 1 to 25th. On Christmas Eve at 12, they light the entire courthouse with all the trees leading to it. It so beautiful and with snow looks even better.

I also love going to mid-night mass with my family and since my dad is italian he opens 1 present from each of us when get home (because he likes to think he is opening a present at the same time that his parents, sisters, nieces and nephews back in Italy are opening presents, since Italy is 9 hours ahead of our timezone), its become a tradition.

Then in my house I am the christmas santa and I get to hand everyone present until there is no more presents left under the tree.

There is also this street in my city nicknamed "Candy Cane Lane" because the house are OUTRAGEOUSLY decorated, I mean like out of movie type [!@#$%^&*], and then lights are drapped across the streets from house to house. The entire street is decorated, the traffic jams to get through this street amazes me but is tradition to go watch.

LOVE it! I cannot wait for Christmas.

• Members

when is American thanksgiving anyway?

I love American holidays ..... we get nice 20minute waits between all our calls in the verizon tech support I work for. It's almost like a vacation for us too! You guys need to have more holiday weekends in your year...

• Members

Yep, it's fun time! I always look forward to the holidays, but this year the best part is, I'm not working at the nursing home so I don't have to worry about working overtime for the holiday parties and dealing with wrapping gifts for almost 200 people! It should be a lot more relaxed this year.

• Members

The holidays sucked for me last year. I was fired from work just before Christmas, which definitely freed up some time to enjoy the festivities. But who can enjoy anything when you're worrying about how to pay your next rent?

This year should be much better, knock on wood.

Can't wait for Thanksgiving! The food, the fun, the family. Then waking up at the ass crack of dawn the next day to do the traditional day-after-Thanksgiving shopping. Ya gotta love it.

Archived