Thank You...

Shawn

• Members

I just wanted to say thank you for the support that my fellow SONers have shown me during the last few weeks, and to apologize for not feeling up to either posting or conversing off of the board.

I've been in a dark place these past few weeks. My brother in law dying from an OD brought back memories of my own demons and the crippling pain it brought back has made me a shell of my usual self.

About five years ago I battled my own problem with drugs. I turned to cocaine as a way of coping with the brutal rape that I suffered two years prior. Knowing that my brother in law succombed to the horrific grasp of the white devil has effected me greatly. Not so much because I lost him, per se, because he really was a nasty person who abused my sister and his children (though its still tragic that he died). It effected me because during my battle with cocaine addiction, I once OD'ed and almost left this world. Looking down at him in the coffin, cold pale and lifeless, I saw myself, and it terrified me thinking of what could have been.

I've been reclusive since the funeral, trying to cope with memories and experiences of my teeb years. To be honest, I came close several times to locking myseld in the bathroom with a razor blade.

The fact that some of you made it a mission to make me smile again has helped tremendously. Ryan. Vee, Kenny and Dusty especially, from the bottom of my still healing heart, thank you.

You have been a guiding light. And though its going to be a long and painful road, getting out of this tunnel, seeing that light in the far off distance is going to motivate me to run instead of walk.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Shawn you know that I would do anything for you. You are one of the few people that I can truly call a friend and I am glad that I was able to help you in any way that I did. We all go through things that envelop us in a dark cloud, but it's our determination and support from friends and family that help pull us out of it.

We love you Shawn!

• Members

Shawn if you ever, ever need us, we are here for you...no questions asked.

You are in my heart, in my thoughts and prayers... I know that you have been going through a lot, so if you just need that shoulder/s to lean on, do so...I'm always online and always ready to listen.

Love you tons Shawn.

Archived