ATWT: Actress leaving?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Mar 25 2007, 04:43 AM)
I believe it was SOD which asked her about Katie being alone and she said thats where she should be, not jumping into another relationship. She went on to say that she can't keep playing the same character that doesn't grow "and you can quote me on that."

Wow...I used to love Terri when I first started watching ATWT but one thing that I admit I kinda lost some respect for her when she continually "defended" bad stories and never so much as hinted at what she really thought about the writing for her character. I guess she finally got fed up and it's about time that she said her peace about the destruction of what could have been a great character.

Obviously, the writing team could care less what the actors think.

I've also read interviews with Jesse Soffer here and there and he has always quite honest about how stupid he thinks Will has been written (ie. getting married too young and too fast). He has also mentioned a number of times that he'd like Will to be paired with a much older woman...which leads me to believe that he thinks the way Will has been rewritten has been too immature and highschool.

• Members

Well, mho is that Katie's not important enough to bother to recast anyway. While I agree there are some actors/actresses that cannot be replaced, Teri would not be one of them. Being the only actress to portray the role doesn't automatically make them irreplaceable.

Archived