GL: GL Scoop - SOW 4/3/07 -

• Members

Guiding Light's Kim Zimmer has had her screentime significantly reduced since Reva beat cancer and Jonathan (Tom Pelphrey) beat town. "I don't know if it's that they can't afford me or they're pissed off at me or what, but it was no problem getting two weeks vacation," says Zimmer, who called from her trip to Los Angeles to chat about the Emmy nominations. "I've been working maybe one or two days a week, which is fine with me. Whatever."

In other GL news, Crystal Chappell's (Olivia) contract is coming up. 'I'm into the last six months of my deal," reports Chappell. "But six months to me is a long way off and I Don't know what Guiding Light's intentions are. So it's one of those things where you're just having a relationship and everything is fine."

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Zimmer, but I'm not sure where's she's coming from with these comments. I appreciate her more when she's not on screen every day. Especially if she's just there to take up screen time.

It's really sad, but I just know that Crystal Chappel will decide to leave at the end of her contract. I was hoping that after she asked to be let out of her contract a few months ago, that GL would realize what an asset they had in CC, and actually give her a story worthy of her talents. What they've done with Olivia over the past few years sucks big time. She had better material under Ellen Weston.

• Members

Kim Zimmer needs to STFU. I'm so over her and Reva. She hasn't impressed me at all in the past few years and thankfully Tom Pelprey has left the building and she can't siphon off his buzz anymore. She's so transparent; get some professionalism. You are not the first or last actor to be backburned. You can't hog up the screen time to prove you're still relevant.

• Members

She sounds fine to me. I've met her several times and I could picture how she said those words, probably even laughing and joking around, but in print they could be miscontrued by someone.

Kim Zimmer is the best thing on GL IMO and it's a shame so many fans love to bash her.

• Members

I agree. Like it or not, Reva is one of the last remaining ties to the core of the show. Back when Kim quit the last time, there were many wonderful characters (and wonderful writers) to step up to the plate to create an ensemble show, like Roger, Holly, Ed, Maureen, Vanessa, Billy, Henry, HB, etc. Now? The characters are ill-defined and/or complete assholes. I can't think of anyone, save perhaps Dinah, that could step up and take Reva's place.

• Members

Exactly. That's why I was so terrified last year when it looked like KZ was going to leave the show. The show's ratings may not be great now, but I can't see them holding up if GL lost Kim Zimmer at this point. With that said, Kim should just keep her mouth shut on not getting enough airtime, because she of all people, should not be complaining about that.

• Members

Heck, I'd be lying if I said that Kim Zimmer didn't "make" this show but that doesn't change my opinion that she's highly overrated. That isn't even my problem here..what bugs is that she's making a snide comment about not being affordable and not having as much airtime now while some of her fellow costars are either getting half of what she's getting, being backburned, or being fired. Zimmer's damn lucky compared to the rest of them so I'm with the sentiment that she needs to STFU. :angry:

• Members

GL could so be hurting this year if Crystal does decide to leave and so does Gina Tognoni. I would hate to see 2 more new faces in those roles.

I don't want Kim to leave either. She is GL at this point and as many said their only real tie to GL's past at this point.

I agree with Roger I get so tired of the Kim Zimmer bashing that goes on. IT seems more with her than any other of the other "divas" of daytime. Some of them spout off and get praised for it, but Kim never gets a break with many fans and it gets old.

She is no more overrated than many of the divas of daytime.

ONe thing I love about her most is that she is loyal and stands up for her co-stars. She was one of the only CBS stars that spoke out last year when everyone was complaining about CBS stars dominating the Emmys last year. Many of them kept quiet about it but Kim defending her fellow co-stars.

Archived