B&B Opening 3/20/07

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nope, Storm is gone according to the soap mags. :( Must be a mistake. I wish I could say Clarke's exit is a mistake, but Brad Bell says Marone is the new Spectra, so I don't expect to see him or CJ anymore.

The original Logan family really sucked, but I love the recasts of Donna and Storm. They should find something for them to do. I agree that Storm with Felicia could be hot. And add Ashley and you have a fierce triangle.

• Members

I still don't buy William DeVry as Brooke's brother. I mean, IIRC, whenever I saw the first five episodes, Storm was supposed to be the "man" of the family who helped raise and protect his sisters. I don't buy DeVry as protector. He seems more to me like a Doogie Howser type in his younger years than someone who protected his sisters.

And I thought Storm was blue collar? When did he get his law degree? Was that another Bell re-write?

I'd of rather had Alley Mills on contract ready to take Susan Flannery's place than to have William DeVry there. Maybe Mills came with a high pricetag and Eileen Davidson had to be there. I actually enjoyed Pam during Flannery's vacation. Pam seemed very Conservative and out-of-her element in comparison to the crazy hijinks the Forresters had to deal with. I think that's a good thing. Pam and Stephanie shouldn't be the same.

Speaking of the opening credits update, I've noticed that Lesley Anne Down's the last shot in the film sequence, but that instead of her fading into the photo lens, it's just simply a frame change.

And I wish they would take the character names out of the credits. I just think it's so dumb to have those in there. They mention the character names often enough to where it seems redundant to have those there.

• Members

Bellcurve, you are right about old Storm. Right now I'm watching some 1987 episodes and the entire family is COMPLETELY different. First all have dark hair (except Brooke) and you would not be able to pick out Storm or Donna based on the writing. They are completely different. The family is so awful that I don't mind them retooling it now. The entire family should be back, but retooled. It is a disaster in these early episodes.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Mar 20 2007, 07:35 PM)
Bellcurve, you are right about old Storm. Right now I'm watching some 1987 episodes and the entire family is COMPLETELY different. First all have dark hair (except Brooke) and you would not be able to pick out Storm or Donna based on the writing. They are completely different. The family is so awful that I don't mind them retooling it now. The entire family should be back, but retooled. It is a disaster in these early episodes.

I don't think the Logans were that bad. They just paled in comparison to the glam of the Forresters and the Fashion Industry. It is understandable why they would be considered dull by most.

I never saw this, but I do think it is interesting how Donna tried to help Katie get over her awkward acne phase by trying to set her up with a model that she ended up falling for. I mean, I am all for camping and vamping up the Logans, but their entire history shouldn't have been abandoned at the expense of Brad Bell's need for a lawyer and a whorey model-type. Those could have been derived from Bill Bell's groundwork for these characters.

I would have loved it if they would have said Donna was a model for Spectra instead of saying, "Oh my, I'm just a waitress in San Fran with NO modeling experience whatsoever." WTF?! Would have made it much more interesting if they had used that to make Donna even more arrogant and cocky about getting Ridge to be her man!

And I would accept Storm, even as a lawyer, if he were played by someone who doesn't LOOK like a lawyer type. I like William DeVry, but he is SO miscast for me in this part. Besides, for as often as they use Storm, they could have brought back Joseph Campanella and saved the money on his contract or have made Storm an anti-industry, anti-corporate man who would rather build houses than be entangled in the drama everyone else is involved in. To me, that would make for far interesting story. Would rather see Felicia fall for someone similar to her ideals than another ex-model or another heir to a fortune. Which, by reading up on the history and seeing the way Colleen Dion-Scotti and even in the beginning, the way Lesli Kay's Felicia's were both written, it seemed like Felicia was so far removed from the drama in her family and tried to do her own thing. Not that Felicia is fit for the sainthood, but she seemed very anti-industry and very anti-corporation. A Felicia/Storm pairing would have been hot with the right leading man and a proper use of backstory.

I would have even accepted Storm going to law school if they had properly explained it and said, "I had been going to college while I was away from LA. Now I am fighting for the little guy, not so much for money. You want me to get involved with helping break down the Forresters? Sure, because they hurt my family."

Brad Bell is a talented writer, but he misses way too many good opportunities and way too many beats at the expense of rushing the story or moving on to the next plot twist. He has to learn that history is his best defense in soaps. Even IF he doesn't believe someone remembers the Logans, it makes him look mucho smart to those who watched since the beginning to use the past to further what he wants to do to these characters.

So, in closing Chris B, I agree with you on the Logans needed revamping. It's just that Brad should have used what his dad already had in place in conjunction with the story he wanted to tell. And God, I hope they don't put Katie in the same age bracket as Bridget and Rick if they decide to cast her. That would just be wrong, wrong, wrong.

• Members

Why should they take out Alley Mills when there a so many free slots???

Really like William DeVry (will post my thoughts on the Logans later on...) and am happy for him but Pam/Alley Mills just rock!

Strangely enough seh's in the previews for next week along with Betty White - therefore: let's not get worried too soon.

Archived