Fergie's "Glamorous" is a Gwen Stefani ripoff!

KLN

• Members

Gwen Stefani - Luxurious

For the record, Gwen's song was recorded first. Now, Fergie's got "Glamorous" out and it's virtually the same song. Even the rap by Ludacris is exactly the same... not re-recorded or anything! Even the song titles are similiar. Luxurious. Glamorous.

Anyone wanna tell me why Fergie is such a Gwen Stefani ripoff/wannabe? She's uglier than hell, too.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Haha - I like Glamorous a lot better. I think Gwen probably allowed Fergie to take the background sound and I'm sure Ludacris was all about using his part to get a song popular. I really don't think Fergie just took the song, or else we'd be hearing about a lawsuit or something.

I can see why this song isn't popular and Fergie's made it big. This just doesn't work as well as Fergie's.

• Members

KIDS INCORPORATED!

K-I-D-S! Yeah, Kids Incorporated! K-I-D-S! Whoooa, looks like we made it... we're Kids Incorporaaaaaaated.

I loved that show! LoL Fergie still sucks, though. I so prefer Gwen to her. And for the record, "Glamorous" sucks. The song gets on my nerves everytime I hear it. I much, much prefer the "Luxurious" lyrics.

• Members

I HATE to admit this, but I secretly love Glamorous! However, I can't stand the Black Eyed Peas and usually can't stand Fergie's songs but I have to admit I have liked her last two. If it were a Gwen/Fergie battle I would have to go with Stefani though.

• Members

You do realize that there are two verisons of Luxurious, right? This is just the remix and Fergie was allowed to use this. On her L.A.M.B album, she used a chopped and screwed version of the Isleys Brother's "Between the Sheets."

I don't see her as being Gwen ripoff. They are both talented. Their music, imo couldn't be any different, with the exception of this.

• Members

Not that I ever post, but I sort of know "the answer" to this one and it's late, so I might as well...

The producer (Polow Da Don, I think) produced the alternate version of Luxurious for Gwen when she was developing her first album. She decided to go with the Between the Sheets sample instead, so the producer shopped the track around. JC Chasez also turned it down. Then Fergie picked it up (with the rap built-in, I guess) and they wrote a song around it. Polow Da Don's mix of Luxurious leaked, but it was never actually released.

I love Glamorous, but it's pretty funny how they didn't even bother to make it a different type of song.

• Members

Here's another YouTube clip of Fergie from KI singing Lionel Richie's Say You, Say Me , this one has quite a few close ups too....I watched this show when I was young, until we moved and lost the Disney Channel......

Any comments about the scary clown? :lol:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

• Members

WTF is that clown doing, twirling around a broom! :blink:

I can't even tell that little girl is Fergie, she has obviously had some face surgery. Her voice is great from KI, too bad it has gotten worse over the years.

Archived