OLTL: What needs to improve and how?

• Members

I read of the other soaps' take on this, what about OLTL? What needs to be done to improve the show, how, what is needed for Llanview to really get its groove going again. It started a little with the consult with Alden, but it seems that is falling away with her atttention at AMC only now, so what needs to be done for OLTL now?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OLTL has returned to boring. It's the same problems it's had for a long time. It over-focuses on a few characters, none of who are strong enough to be on every day, the stories are never=ending, every story is the same and iinvolves a triangle, there is never any payoff for viewers and a couple of overrated stars have far too much control over the show and their storylines.

There is no reason why this show should have caved in to Trevor St. John's demands. He's just not that good. there is no reason why this show should have caved in to Michael Easton's salary demands and his demands for control over his storylilnes. He's done nothing but drag this show down since he came on.

This destroying one couple to prop up other stars is just awful. There is no doubt that this silly Cris and Blair sleeping together is strictly done to prop up Evangeline and Todd. There is no doubt that Jess and Nash will look absolutley like crap before they are brought together as a couple in order to prop up Antonio and justify his dumping her. Natalie is being made the moron to dignify Michael Easton's wish for John to move on. Viki is being made to look like a some ancient old stone who never moves in order to prop up Clint and Dorian.

This show sucks because it doesn't care what fans want and when fans want something different than what Valentini and Hack want to cram down our throat, well then the characters that viewers preferred are destroyed in order to make the Frankie and Dena perferred option more attractive.

• Members

I guess i love all soaps, so i am going to comment on this one also. First Marcie & Michael will have a child of their own and leaving town. John will be killed in a car crash, for real this time New Marty will be in the car crash as well and her face will be disfigured and she will surgery resulting in the old Marty return. Ian Thornhart comes to Llanview and hopes of finding his brother and runs into Blair who accuse Marty of lying about Patrick being dead. (Remember Patrick & Ian are twins).

Viki recieving shocking news from a letter stated that Jessica is indeed Clint's daughter & so is Natalie, meaning Mitch & Alison fake the whole thing. Skye Chandler come back to Llanview to get revenge on Asa after learning he ran her mother name through the ground (yeah I know that was many moons ago, but anything to get Robin Christopher back)

Bo & Nora renew their relationship after Matthew rebels in school. Todd & Viki experience a takeover at The Sun, only to discover to one behind the takeover is Max Holden & his new wife Brooke English!!!!

Larry Wolek in a love quadrangle with Dorian, Viki, & Clint and suddenly Karen Wolek (Judith Light) walks back into his life!!! Soon Larry & the others learn Asa is the reason Karen return, only to keep him & Dorian out of Viki & Clint way of reconciling.

Natalie finds romance in Ian Thornhart, but Skye soon put a damper on that when she beds Dr. Thornhart.

Marty soon have strong feelings for Todd, who is now dating Evangeline, she put a stop to it when she call up her buddy Jared Hall, Grandson of former Llanview resident, Ed Hall, to come town and help her break up Todd & Evangeline.

Blair want Max and will stop at nothing to get him even scandalous his name to Brooke, but with Skye's help Brooke get the upper hand.

Blair learns Skye is helping Brooke and call on her Aunt Dorian help to get the dirt on Skye. Dorian call on her old prep school.......Tracy Quartermaine!!!!

• Members

Jess pretty much covered it. Until Hackley and the writing staff have been fired and Valentini is gone there isn't any hope. If they ever go, then they need a cast purge that starts with Easton and St. John and clears the deck of useless characters. I'd say anyone Hackley's created or brought back and a few from Malone 2 like Paige and Adrianna. The next step is to stop with the pointless returns. Character's like Patrick and Tea aren't "fan favs" that people are chomping at the bit to have return. Instead focus on fixing the core characters and shoring up the foundation of the show.

• Members

Kill John McBain for real this time and instantly about half of the problems vanish.

Our only hope is Dena is co-HW in name only until her contract runs out. Hopefully Ron will be dictating storyline and she like I dunno fills the printer and copier machines :lol:

• Members

Everything!

I just can't handle what I see from this show. I don't care about anything going on right now.

AND they are throwing all these random couples and destroying other couples at us. I mean this ski lodge thing....Blair and Christian? Evangeline and Todd? NO THANKS. OH and I'm TIRED of Nash/Antonio/Jessica. I never even liked Nash anyway - we all know my hatred for Forbes March.

I'm tired of seeing that damn jail cell everyday. I'm tired of the police department and John McBain and I've never really liked Natalie. Just the wrong characters always being featured and the storylines dragging out.

Archived