DOOL: When is Corday going to wake up?

• Members

I can see that. But to me that's like...it's expecting elephants to fly. You can keep dropping them off cliffs but it's not likely to happen and you'll just wind up with a huge mess, so you might as well not waste anyone's time.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i kan really say now I am ff through whole eppys. Hogan need to turn up the heat. I DVR Y&R and Days. I was a week behind and last evening I started my usual routine of waatching DAYS and Y&R back and forth. Y&R was SO DAMN GOOD I had to keep going directly to the next episode. I mena a few things HAPPEND everyday and man it was just great. This is how DAYS was back in DEC. And at this time its boring, I mean the writing is good but its just boring. Does that make sense. I thin BEth Meistein need to be promoted to co HW ASAP.

• Members

Exactly Paloma, except their bonus pay for more than x amount of episodes is paid quarterly (13 weeks)

So whether Deidre, Drake, Kristian, or Peter are on 1 day or 0 days, They still get paid their 3 day guarantee.

I hear that there is turmoil on the set between Hogan and a few certain actors, but not going into detail because they are not confirmed.

• Members

Well if it's not Dee and Drake, then it should be. If they care about their characters on Days, they should be livid about the demeaning storyline of Shawn and Belle with Claire. They are her parents and this is disgraceful for them, especially John who would never have allowed this if he weren't in a coma. I cannot understand how Sheffer expected this to be a good story unless he mistakenly believed that Shawn and Belle were so popular with the fans that no one would question the story because they were getting to see their couple. Maybe they aren't ruined yet and he can salvage this when he gets them back to Salem. I also think KA might be angry about this, too. Since I officially hate Bo now, I doubt that Peter cares.

• Members

I remember a lot of people on this board predicting Sheffer would take DAYS back to #2 in the ratings, and even challenge Y&R.

So what the hell happened? :lol::lol::lol:

Where are the great SLs for John/Marlena, Bo/Hope and Steve/Kayla?

Where is the drama, the romance, the conflict?

Where are the Hortons?

Where is Matt Ashford?

Is it Corday who is the problem, insisting Sheffer has to constantly pimp the youngsters, at the expense of the vets? :rolleyes:

It's sad DAYS is in such a state of crisis, and I'm not surprised if it is true that some actors are mad at Sheffer. :(

• Members

This has been said over and over, but I don't think DAYS stands a chance of surviving until and unless it begins to balance the cast better. Bringing on new faces is fine if it's done properly. They should be brought in gradually, by being involved in an umbrella story with already established characters. Or leave them on the fringes for awhile and let the viewer get used to them over time. But you can't bring in several new characters in a few months time, push them into frontburner stories, and ignore the vets. Occasionally, we get a couple scenes with Bo or Hope (never seem to be in scenes together any more) or Maggie, but I get the feeling they are just throwing them on screen so Corday can say "What do you mean we're not using the vets--Maggie was on two days last week". If Corday and Hogan are planning to take DAYS into a new era featuring the younger cast and ease out the vets, they need to be honest and admit it. Then we can all quit being frustrated and begin accepting that a new day is dawning (pun is intended). Or we can say good-bye and turn off our TVs. But I do think Corday needs to honestly address the situation.

Archived