New York City Bans The N-Word

R!ck

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, we can't have a simple discussion with you because it always has to go there. He asked a question, you imediately pull out the racist card and start being very combative. Now how is that suppose to be simple discussion when you come at someone like that? And now you wanna cry wolf? Sorry, that isn't going to work with me, not this time. I'm sick and tired of having to go through this with you every damn time a thread like this gets started.

• Members

When you become "part of a discussion," you are accountable for your opinions. I have some issues with how you've approached this right from the get-go. So if you say something I find objectionable, I will "get on [you]" for it. You want to be able to say anything and everything you want about what others say, but you want everyone to leave what you say alone because... what? You don't like it?

• Members

I quote his post because it was in direct response to his comment. Also, the you was more intended to be a general you. Would you have rather I said, "Why do all white people feel that they want to have the right to use the n-word? Why do they feel the need to say it?" knowing full well, that if I had you'd've gotten on me for generalizing?

For the record, I agree with you completely. I hate when my community uses it. It was originally an attempt to diminish it's power and it's failed miserably. At the same time, it's definitely not going to stop the white community from using it, nor will it stop them from finding something negative about the black community.

• Members

See, I don't think my question at all comes off that way. I personally never say that word and get upset with my friends that do use it. Again, like I said in my previous posts, I wish the word would just go away altogether - I think it perpetuates hate and doesn't help society as a whole move forward.

I still think its a legitimate question though...

• Members

But he wasn't talking about white people wanting to use it. He was pointing out how frequent it is used in the black community, moreso than white people use it (but then you might have accused him of him denying that white people use the word and being in denial that the US has a problem with race) so he wanted to know would they be excluded from the ban or be included. Thats all, nothing more, nothing less. No need to start up the same tired mess because (as if it hasn't been learned) it gets us NOWHERE and the board always ends up in a fight. Its just not needed right now.

• Members

I am fully aware that I am accountable for my opinions. I'm not asking anyone to leave what I say alone. I think it's great for the discussion. You can totally get on something that I said because I'll easily clarify and explain further. It's a totally different can of worms when you decide to insult my character, that's not to say that I haven't done it myself because I have. I am sure you've seen how the discussion can actually be civilized and mature when there's no personal attacking involved.

If you don't want to go through it, you can either close the thread or use the ignore button. Simple as that. I'm not making you read the thread.

• Members

You say you will explain and clarify, but you haven't yet. I haven't insulted your character; I have pointed out my observations from what you've posted. If you find something insulting in there, well, only you can change that. Not me.

• Members

Well, tell me what exactly do you want me to explain and clarify, and I will do so to the best of my abilities. Instead, all you do is just !@#$%^&*] at me because I decided to post my opinion, naturally nothing's going to get explained.

Archived