DAYS: Who had the biggest massacre? JER or Sheffer?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, I think Jan can be on that list. I am not really sure and don't know anything, but JER was let go in May and it might have been [s.W.S.N.B.N.] that planned on Jan coming back because didn't she plan the whole summer of Days out before they cut her?

• Members
I don't have the energy to read through this whole thread. But uhm, you can take Frankie away from the list. Billy Warlock left on his own! Proof --> http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?t...55772#700055772

Ohh, and Ari left on her own terms too. I believe Eric did as well.

And well about Mimi. We really don't know if she's really gone so... The other characters (Patrick, Bonnie, Tek, Stephanie, Jan) is just boredome to me so I don't really care. I do feel bad for Renee though.

psychofan. If you're so sick of the JER-bashing... Well then it's your problem. We're here to share our opinions on a messageboard. If you don't like it then feel free to leave. No one is forcing you to read it all. :) I'm sick of some of the bashing of some of my favs too, but I simply desided to not read those posts/threads. It's just not worth the effort. It's much easier for your brain that way. I promise you. ;)

• Members

JER wrote the horrendous Austin/Carrie/Sami/Lucas quadrangle, which was awesome the first go around. Unforunately it sucked donkey balls the 2nd go around and I was one who loved seeing Austin and Carrie leave for the simple fact they were written so pathetic. Why don't you do ahead and admit you think JER can do no wrong. And before you think I am a Hogan lover, think again, just look at the horrible ratings for DAYS.

• Members

Some of that list is when actors chose to leave at the end of their contracts or asked to leave early.

Farah Fath asked to be let out early....she NEVER went to them to ask to stay that was made clear in her exit interview with SOD.

Patrick was written out but the actor also was going to leave when is contract expired anyways.

And the whole stalker victim thing I don't think was ever the intention of the storyline they caught a ton of flack when they killed off Alice and decided to make it seem like that was the point. Which makes no sense considering the actors never had an agreement with the show to come back and they could of gone and get other jobs during that time. They got really lucky that all of them agreed to come back with the expection of Alexis Thorpe (Cassie) who only came back on recurring status because she was shooting a movie at the time.

• Members

Some of that list is when actors chose to leave at the end of their contracts or asked to leave early.

Farah Fath asked to be let out early....she NEVER went to them to ask to stay that was made clear in her exit interview with SOD.

Patrick was written out but the actor also was going to leave when is contract expired anyways.

And the whole stalker victim thing I don't think was ever the intention of the storyline they caught a ton of flack when they killed off Alice and decided to make it seem like that was the point. Which makes no sense considering the actors never had an agreement with the show to come back and they could of gone and got other jobs during that time. They got really lucky that all of them agreed to come back with the expection of Alexis Thorpe (Cassie) who only came back on recurring status because she was shooting a movie at the time.

• Members

The decision to axe Carrie and Austin was definitely Hogan's. There was no mention of them leaving under JER.

Here's a summary of the outs:

Ashford- Sept 06 (Fired by Corday- wanted "happy ending" for J&J)

Reeves- Sept 06 (Left voluntarily)

Cook- Sept 06 (Left voluntarily)

Brandt- Oct 06 (Left voluntarily)

Peck- Oct 06 (Fired)

Clark- Oct 06 (Fired)

Warlock- Nov 06 (Claims it was a "mutual decision")

Hutzler- Jan 07 (Fired- was planning to leave when contract expired)

Rose- Jan 07 (Fired- no story)

Jones- Jan 07 (Fired- probably budget related)

Orange- Jan 07 (Fired)

Fath- Mar 07 (Claims to have left of her own accord)

Evans- Mar 07 (Fired- expected to return)

• Members

Yeah, Carrie and Austin were casualties of Hogan. Right after he was publicly announced as Head Writer, the news broke that Clark and Peck would be leaving in October.

Billy Warlock and Farah Fath had already chose to leave before Hogan even came onto the show. They knew they weren't going to renew their contracts.

Austin, Carrie, Patrick, Stephanie, Lexie, Tek and Bonnie are all casualties of Hogan. No one else.

• Members

I think Austin and Carrie were more casualties of the budget crunch than anything. If the money to keep everyone was there, I think A/C would still be on the show. Hogan probably figured it would be better to give them a happy ending after their terribly written return under JER.

• Members

Looking at the list of people that were actually fired it isn't that bad. With the acception of Jones noone else had a story. As upset as I was that Peck and Clark were let go, JER had written them into a corner. I believe that the characters(whether played by the same actors or not) will return at some point in the future when they are needed and have a real story.

Archived