DAYS: Who had the biggest massacre? JER or Sheffer?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exceptional writing for daytime is a thing of the past, and that is largely due to the number of years a show has been on the air. Current writers who are genuinely making an effort are basically bastardizing the old stuff for today's characters. I just don't think there is anything left to write. We now rely on couples to provide the entertainment.

A writer should not be considered bad because of who he/she chooses to write off. I would consider it an unpopular decision. Back in the day, when a big character was killed, you'd knew the story behind it would be very good. Nowadays, if something like this happens, it's due to budget cuts and the exit never happens. The character, in most cases, just vanishes.

Hogan is a really good writer, but he does have his issues. However, no one, AND I MEAN NO ONE is as lazy and disgusting as Reilly. You can't be HIS kind of lazy for daytime. Reilly does not develop stories or characters. He uses one stunt after the next and they all fizzle. He does not pay off his audience and his characters all end up looking like jackasses. He does not even make an effort. Reilly repeats everything, which would not be so bad if the show were older. He's obsessed with nonconsensual sex and violence, and I truely believe once Trassions if off the air, daytime will smell a tad better...

I'm hoping the stench of that twisted madman won't last long.

Andrea

Archived