ATWT: Friday, February 16

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's fun watching kids be friends...one of the most enjoyable periods for me on GL was the mid-90's when Bill, Michelle and Ben were friends. And I think it's fun to see connections being made between Parker and Faith, so maybe one day they can be "something", and won't talk about fake memories we never saw. And I think it's good to be seeing the consequences of their parents' actions affecting the kids, instead of just ignoring it and saying the kids are "fine".

*sigh* Now I'm so wishin' B&B would explore Bridget and CJ.

Y'know what's weird? Paul and Parker share a brother and a sister, and they don't mention it. They're like brothers themselves.

• Members

The Snyders are my favorite part of the show at the moment.

I'm a bit peeved that they're obviously setting Lily up to be scammed---again. Didn't she learn her lesson with the psychic after Rose's death? :rolleyes:

I hope Adam is alive, and a Dr. Kinder-esque (AMC) story happens.

Jack and Holden overreacted to the kids being with Paul. From yesterday's previews I thought he was molesting them or something. :blink:

• Members

Parker and Faith are hilarious! I love those two. Faith is one of my favorite characters (seriously.) That girl cracks me up. :lol:

Umm...what happened to Paul? Why the hell is he just hanging around in a cabin all the damn time? The funny thing, though, is that I actually like Paul when he talks to Parker and Faith. At least he's somewhat entertaining and humorous.

Gwen is really annoying (I hate this pity act.) Poor Casey is going to jail? :( Why is it that the writers can't just write characters off (except Mike)? They're either killed off, sent to jail, or escaping from jail. :rolleyes:

So is Adam really dead?? I'm thinking that that might just be a glove, and not a hand, and that maybe Adam got out (they didn't seem to dig too far.)

• Members

Parker and Faith are children for grown people to want to see children having a romance is crazy. These are two children that have crazy mothers. I must add that both fathers have contributed to their mother behavior.

Both of them falling in love with same woman. Jack left Carly and did wanted her back when someone else wanted her. The big fess they made about Holden and this woman who was only teaching him dancing was really dumb.

• Members

That's the reason why I think Parker and Faith are enjoyable. People complain b/c of the why they treat their parents and I agree that they are very rude. But a part of me thinks that they all deserve it. Kids are reflections of their parents.

Both Parker and Faith have mothers who are absolutely self-absorbed who are always breaking up and cheating on their fathers, so it makes sense that they're kids are not little angels. IMO, both Lily and Carly (if she were here) deserve the rude remarks that their kids give them, especially Carly. How else should a kid react when his mom just ditches him for her boyfriend? That kid has every right to act so emo. And Lily is just selfish, and basically she's the reason why Faith has any sort of ED in the first place.

• Members

I think seeing a harmless preteenage crush is fun. It's not our fault the writers have decided that the true teenage characters can't have a story besides siring children, losing them, returning home after a stint in the psych ward for accidently killing someone and being raped by one's brother in law. (And it's not only our show that treats teens like adults either.)

But then again...I've always secretly been waiting for the day Faith snapped, developed another personality and started calling herself Melinda.

• Members
Wow, that makes me realize, just like Parker is kind of related to Paul, she is kind of related to Paul too, since she was raised by David Stenbeck for a year, even though she probably doesn't know it! I could see the show so raising that again now with Faith hating Lily. Faith might wish she had stayed with David/Reid if she ever finds out about that, assuming she doesn't know. That may even have been an idea you posted once before, P.J.

This supports winterguy's idea that there is something Stenbeck-related to why Parker and Faith are having these scenes with Paul and keep bringing up James. (But it is also just good writing for James to be brought up in these scenes, because Parker and Faith are complaining about their parents, so Paul would talk about his parents too. I don't remember him saying much about Barbara to them yet though.)

• Members

Sigh...I wish I thought there was truly something with James in the works. But Hogan practically ruined James. What would be cool is if David was still alive....they could easily explain that Reid was some psycho that assumed David's identity, at James' behest. Part of the problem with Paul (for me) is that he doesn't have someone to "battle". Yeah, I know it's supposed to be Craig...but somehow it just misfires. It's not compelling to watch them battle for Meg's soul.

It's wierd to know that Parker is sort of Paul's step-brother, and is/was his uncle, AND would have been Faith's uncle twice through marriage to two of her aunts.

Archived