Hate WINTER? Come inside...

KLN

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It never snows here in Northern Louisiana. We get snow maybe once or twice every six or seven years. Most of the time when we get wintery weather conditions, it's either an ice storm or sleet or rain/sleet. I remember back in like 03 or 04, we got snow on Valentine's day, but it stayed on the ground for maybe half an hour and then it was all melted.

Kind of going off topic, but kind of not:

Has anyone ever had good, ole fashioned 'snow ice cream'? :P Yumm Yumm!!!

• Members

Oh. My. Heavens.

Party in my mouth!!

Ingredients (as I can remember):

*Fresh (un-touched-by-the-ground-or-living-organism) snow

*Vanilla flavoring

*A tad of vanilla ice cream??

(I can't remember...it seems like I'm leaving something out. I'll call my mom and get the OFFICIAL ACTOR'S MOM'S RECIPE FOR SNOW ICE CREAM) :lol: :lol:

• Members

LOL! Kenny, I enjoy reading this everytime you post it, because it's soo dead on. We just had this blizzard the past couple days and got a foot of snow here in Muncie. I work at Ball State University, and they never, NEVER cancel classes. I went there for six years as both an undergrad and graduate student and not once have they cancelled classes. I think they did a couple years ago when we had an ice storm, but that's it. Well, when I woke up on Tuesday morning, they actually decided to cancel classes BUT all offices were open, meaning all employees (essential and non-essential) I had to report to work. Many people took vacation days or worked only half a day, especially since a lot of people live outside of Muncie. I had no choice since I had just started working there last week and I'm on probationary status for 90 days. I kept hoping they would decide to let us go early before the streets got worse. I kept hearing horror stories about the conditions from people that had been outside or had talked to someone on the phone and was getting worried. Well, they never shut down campus that day, so I had to stay at work until 5pm. I made it all the way to just a block away from my house and got stuck as I turned off of one street that had been plowed into my street which hadn't. I had to call my brother to help me out and then this guy who had a truck with a shovel on the front and that my brother knew happened to drive by and was was nice enough to help me out, too. Once I got my car out of the snow pile, the dude plowed down my street so I was able to make it home and park in the driveway. Then after all of that, his truck got stuck at the end of the street. So, we got some shovels and helped him out. That was Tuesday.

Today, I woke up and found out Ball State had closed campus until 5pm and only essential employees had to report to work during the morning and afternoon, so I had the day off. Which was fortunate, because I'm stuck in my driveway since the city decided not to come down my block to plow the streets. They've plowed everywhere else but down here. I've called the street department twice and they kept saying someone would eventually come, but they never did. I have no idea how I'm going to get out tomorrow morning. I shoveled a bit at the end of my driveway and into the street and a couple of people have drove down the street in trucks earlier, leaving some tracks that might help me make it through with my car, but I don't know if I want to chance it. I might have to get up early and ride the bus to work.

I guess this is what we get since we had been having a relatively mild winter until the last few weeks. It just sucks.

• Members

Lord, crc, that sounds like a nightmare. I heard that Muncie got quite a bit. Richmond actually didn't get as much... I'd say probably... eh... 6 or 7 inches? I haven't been out of my apartment yet though (serious cabin fever) and from where I parked, I can't see my car, so I don't know whether or not it's covered. The sons of b!tches probably plowed the goddamn motherfucking car in again and I'll have to spend 3 hours trying to get it out. Assholes!

• Members

February Freaking 14th, 2007. Valentine's Day, or as the white trash (many of which are Asian descent) mouth breathers in my neighborhood call it, ValenTIMES Day.

Will you be my ValenTIME?

NO!

PISS OFF!

After Feb. 13th's fast and tonic of GoLytely!, they shove a camera up my bum. They say you don't feel a thing, but you do - not so much on the butt, but you feel pressure, a lot someTIMES (sometines?) in the abdomen. No real pain but it's unsettling.

ZZZZen, Ruzzian Boool Dyke say to me.. "I tink I know you! We meet one day, no? I am shurrr I see you at bar. You want to see colon?"

Me: "Whose? Mine? My colon"

Her: "Of course YOU colon! Look! Now they getting camera down to Cape of Good Hope!"

Me: I'm not sure I want to date someone who's seen me like this (*and is so big and UGLY and BRUTISH!*)

Her: Who say I want to date you? I see you colon, I see you at bar, I see you naked. I don't need to date you.

Me: Oh (*thank GAWWWD*)

Archived