New Soapnet GH Spinoff Coming?

• Members

Don't get me wrong I HATED what PC turned into in 2002, but from 1997-2001, and especially 2000-2001, the show was very good and at times even underrated. Everything from the Secrets arc on was utter crap.

Which brings me to this point. Who's actually going to be writing Night Shift? Guza?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope they get some of GH's talented scriptwriters to do episodes for these standalones.

This is totally gonna be like ITL, except in primetime with a bigger budget.

Can you imagine an episode where LuLu goes out on a date and all the crazy, funny [!@#$%^&*] that happens during it?

I know this sounds lame to a lot of people, but this could be fun.

The only thing I worry about is if it will screw up the SOAPnet lineup. During the summer, DAYS aired at Midnight EST because of SOAPSTAR. I think stuff like that throws off the entire lineup as a whole.

Frons will no doubt put GH: NIGHTSHIFT on in a day and time where it will interfere with Same-Day rebroadcasts.

• Members

YEP! From March 2000(Nurses Strike) to December 2000(End of Blue Dot Mystery).

There were a few clunkers in there(i.e. Blue Dot, Matt's Exit, Gabriella and miscastJoe, the dropped story about Rachel becoming GH Chief of Staff). But a lot of it was golden!

-Claire Wright wanting to go home to die(Linda Purl was great!)

-Alison/Jamal and the Cedric Murder

-Rachel's Town Pariahness/Romance with Mark "Can't Keep It Up" Boardman

-Kristina's Kidnapping

-The Nurses Ball

-Livvie Mystery

-The Race For the Boardseat between Lucy and Rachel]

-Louise Sorel as Donatella Stewart

Everything was just great. If I had all the time in the world, I would YouTube every single episode I have for you all.

• Members

I think they are going for a Grey's Anatomy type of show with this. I would assume this show would focus on the actual hospital and probably the night shift at the hospital. Most of the story will be resolved within the episode with little pieces carrying over into the following episodes. Sounds promising.

Archived