OLTL Discussion: Week of February 12th

• Members

I wasn't crazy about todays show. I watched bits and pieces, not sure if I'll watch the full thing. I'm really pumped for Nora's big story starting tomorrow. But I do think the writers could've done a better job of reintroducing Nora to the canvas. Here she has this big fire and hasn't been featured all week. We should be seeing Bo/Nora, not Bo/Lindsay and we should be seeing Nora with Matthew.

With Dena Higley I don't have much faith, but the actors will make it work.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Feb 14 2007, 11:19 PM)
I wasn't crazy about todays show. I watched bits and pieces, not sure if I'll watch the full thing. I'm really pumped for Nora's big story starting tomorrow. But I do think the writers could've done a better job of reintroducing Nora to the canvas. Here she has this big fire and hasn't been featured all week. We should be seeing Bo/Nora, not Bo/Lindsay and we should be seeing Nora with Matthew.

With Dena Higley I don't have much faith, but the actors will make it work.

Much of OLTL's cast is able to work wonders with the bad writing.

And I agree that there should have been more buildup to the Nora story. But I'm not complaining too much because it means we get to see both Nora and Matthew. :)

• Members

I enjoyed the episode. I thought the characters had fun doing it too. I did like the Mummy because it was so making fun of the previous story.

I agree the Antonio/Jess/Nash story would be better in the middle segment.

One final thought: Does poor ol Higs know how to write any story that doesn't involve a triangle?

• Members

I enjoyed the show - it was a refreshing change and I actually laughed out loud at the show for the first time in a long while, although the Jess/Tonio/Nash fanstasy was kind of ho-hum to me. Loved the Roxie/Rex bit at the end with her climbing onto his back!

• Members

I'm feeling the same way (usually I can't stand looking at him at all)... but that's only when Natalie isn't all on him whinning about their relationship. Tues eppy with that scene with him and Rex, I enjoyed... which makes me think more and more that John will start to find some evidence against Michael, and that he will ultimately be convicted of Spencer's death.

• Members

I think it's either the writing improvement (that probably factors into it) or ME's break. Never really liked him too much but there were times where he had his moments. It could even be both. Long breaks like his helps actors and actresses out alot at times. Especially for people like Michael Easton who constantly air. And also he has not aired as much, sometimes characters are better when they do not air constantly. Number one because in some cases (like John's) they will get annoying and the actors don't get tired out.

But, the improvement with writing I really think helps alot. Writing can make a whole difference with actors/characters. When the writing is good, the actors get to show their true talent because of good materiel and they ENJOY it. When it's bad, they don't enjoy it and they don't put much effort into it.

• Members

Thursday's show was good. It was nice to see Jess doing something that didn't involve one of her men. I like Miles and think the actor is pretty good. I can't comment on John because he consistently earns my Fast Forward button.

I'd sure like to see more of the Viki, Clint and Dorian as we were promised. Anyway, there is much on this show I enjoy right now.

• Members

I thought Thursday's show was kind of slow, well until the arsonist torched Nora's house. Then it got good.

And from what I saw of Jess and her investigative skills, she sure didn't get that from her mother, she sucked at it. LOL.

Sure do miss seeing Viki, can't stand this one day a week crap.

Can't wait to see how this date plays out today, I sure hope it doesn't make me dislike Clint.

Archived