OLTL Discussion: Week of February 12th

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What a nice surprise it was seeing my girl, Viki today. I loved it, and even though she wasn't on for very long, I did enjoy her scenes with Jess, and of course at the party. And I'm with Viki, how can Clint defend Dorian. [!@#$%^&*]!! LOL.

Even though I know that Clint and Dorian are on their way back together, honestly the story with Viki/Doug won't work if she is still with Clint, and I so do not want another repeat of Viki/Clint/Sloan, anyway, even though I know its coming, it was still hard to watch Clint/Dorian today because they just do not belong together. Not now. Not ever.

Loved the montage at the end, always like seeing those done.

Can't wait to see this Valentine's Day Special tomorrow. I think it's going to be good.

• Members

I can't believe we got to see Viki, Clint, Dorian, Bo, Carlotta and Jamie all in one episode. Talk about using the vets and recurring charcters. But Lindsay and R.J. should have been at that party too. That could have made for some good scenes for them.

And I loved Dorian calling Jamie 'Julie'. :lol:

I loved the montage at the end of the show too.

And that quick close up of Van's feet when she came over to The Sun to comfort Todd and nearly stepped on the broken picture of Blair was awful. That woman sure has ugly, veiny feet. Yuck! LOL

And a little teaser for everyone, there is a little more Viki/Clint stuff next week....and the following week (the 26th) we have a little Lindsay/Paige stuff, and also, let me just say that Dorian doesn't take to kindly to Lindsay's breaking of their pact. That should be interesting, but that's all I'm gonna say now. :P

• Members

Though I love Dorian and Lindsay together, I don't miss the ol' scheming Lindsay at all. Since I have to watch this Lindsay/Bo/Nora mess of a triangle again (because I like Lindsay)... and since I don't like Nora, it would be nice if Lindsay fought for Bo with out all the evil plans, idiotic fights, and nonsense ramblings that they tend to have her do like last time.

• Members

I actually liked Todd and Evangeline yesterday. I'm starting to see the chemistry, although I think they are doomed to failure. No way do I believe V can put up with Todd's schemes.

Jess and Nash were hot again. Then the montage was pretty nice. I liked the way Dorian hesitated to go in to Jamie's party. It seemed like she understood she didn't belong, but then Adrianna came along and hugged her and brought her in. Not that I think Dorian should have gone, but I liked the mother/daughter moment.

• Members

Wednesday:

Ok I thought today's episode would be cheesy, but I'm already loving it.

They are doing an amazing job with the music and sound effects. Also, the acting is great and you can tell the actors are loving this. I really am enjoying it so far!

LOL - King Todd to Blair: "Make peace with your head, for you will be losing it in the morning." LMAO!

Ok the whole episode was fun and refreshing - I loved it!

My only complaint - they should have done the dramatic Jessica/Nash/Antonio sequence in the middle to even out the comedy and drama sequences. It went 2 comedies and 1 drama - and it was uneven.

But still, I was impressed and pleasantly surprised.

• Members

Well, I actually enjoyed today's show.

Todd and Dorian made that first fantasy scene. Especially Dorian's comments about "I'm a beer girl myself!" and then drinking the poison there at the end. :lol:

The other two fantasies were funny as well. Rex and Roxy were funny.

And Talia looked pretty hot in that getup. Antonio looked like something out of Dr. Jeykll and Mr. Hyde though. :P

Overall, it was a neat episode....although I wish they had tweaked with the opening to today's show the way Gary Tomlin used to when did the special OLTL episodes.

And those previews for tomorrow look pretty good. Poor Nora and Matthew.

Did anyone notice notice what they did after the previews at the end of the closing credits? They put up the OLTL logo and said "Watch weekdays on ABC and weeknights on SoapNet." Today was the first time I've seen them do that. I noticed AMC didn't do it, and I don't know if GH will or not. I don't know if they cut out a preview scene for it, or just sped the prviews up or what.

And those scenes with the FANtastic February winner were pretty good too. Looks like she got to meet a lot of the cast. And for the rest of the week we get to see JPL taking her place at the Dance studio.

OLTL remains headed in the right direction.

• Members

I have to disagree with Scotty - I didn't care for it. I thought I was watching Passions by mistake.

Todd's segment was so cheesy-high-school-production-esque. Natalie's segment had a nice setting that made it tolerable, but I certainly wouldn't call it good. And then Jessica's segment never ended -- four characters don't need that much time. Boring! It was pointless, it served as a recap of what's happened and nothing more. A few funny lines here and there didn't make up for the boredom of the other 55 minutes.

I noticed the SOAPNet promotion at the very end as well. That's the first time they've done that -- I figure GH would do it as well since they're doing the whole spin-off thing (which doesn't sound any good since stories are wrapped up each episode...how is that soap?). I hope Nora doesn't go through medical hell again...that's getting really old. It's been a while since we've seen Matthew...maybe he can finally deliver lines with a hint of believeability.

• Members

JPL showed a talent for comedy and Rex's old avaricious self that is sorely missed. Plus, he was terribly cute in those glasses.

I know it was BROAD comedy, but the bit about not knowing the lines was overdone. Perhaps some intern reported that some segment fanbase of the internet has accused Todd of phoning in most of the Todd/Blair scenes? For me, watching Robin/Dorian as the foolish, scheming peasant was awful (the arthritis in the knee, etc). And is Michael Easton doomed to hints of Caleb forever? First a vampire with a lost love, then a mummy. If so, PLEASE cut the guy loose.

Not much to say other than Wuthering Heights as a bedtime story for an infant?

• Members

I think Nora is just temporarily out of it. But as for Matthew, a few scenes next will just break your heart. Bo can hardly stand to watch Matthew sort through the ashes of his and Nora's home to find what few possessions he has left. Poor little guy. And poort Nora too. But at least we should be getting some more Nora scenes.

Can't you just picture the Asa, Nora, Nigel, Renee, Bo, Clint, Viki scenes now? We better get some of those. That whole storyline should be interesting.

As for the Valentine's Day episode, sure it was cheesy....but it was funny and a change of scenery from what we usually see. I thought it was okay, but nothing can be the special "Trading Places" epsiode of OLTL from July of 2001. Now that one was a classic.

BTW, I love your screen name. The original working title of One Life to Live. But had to be changed at the last minute because "ABC did not feel Mylanta, a major sponsor, would be pleased with any comparison between "hell" and stomach discomfort, which the product assuages." And the rest, as they say, is history... :D

Archived