Y&R: Sheila spoiler!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly? Honestly? I'm not going to complain because I couldn't give a flying fcuk about this stupid character. She was assassinated A LONG time ago, and as far as I'm concerned LML did most of us a favour and got rid of her. Sure, it was a pointless, contrived, stupid story...but Sheila has also become a pointless character. :)

[sidenote: Soaps are dying because of characters like THIS.]

• Members

And thats exactly why she's the female-incarnation of James E. Reilly. Lets think up an idea that will get all of the viewers riled up and excited. Execute the idea, viewers are still into the story. Then, as the story plays through towards the conclusion, no one cares anymore because the story has taken stupid plot turns, there are unnecessary characters leading the story, or God knows what else these hacks can come up with.

Thanks, Hack! Thank you so much for ruining the pride gem of daytime.

• Members

I said this b!tch makes this crap up while she's on the toilet. What was the puropse of bringing Sheila back? I would have prefered they would have taken Phyllis a little dark and bring back her edge than to have MS play Sheila. LML really doesn't know WTF she's doing. That damn hair dye is really [!@#$%^&*] up her mind.

• Members

um, no. Characters like that are what kept the genre afloat during the better part of the 90s.

Go forward a few years and ask someone who used to watch Y&R, or Days, or GL, etc what they remember about those shows. They won't be saying Kevin Fisher, or Tammy Winslow. It will be Sheila Carter ... Kristen DiMera ... Annie Dutton.

• Members

um, no. Characters like that are what kept the genre afloat during the better part of the 90s.

Go forward a few years and ask someone who used to watch Y&R, or Days, or GL, etc what they remember about those shows. They won't be saying Kevin Fisher, or Tammy Winslow. It will be Sheila Carter ... Kristen DiMera ... Annie Dutton.

• Members

Kept them afloat? Or a large part of the decline? The 90s is when soaps started to lose their core audience and characters like Sheila and Kristen and Todd Manning and Stefano were, IMO, a large part of the problem (when NOT well-written). They lived in this vaccuum, this circlejerk of neverending story, pulling the same schemes and accomplishing nothing in the process.

Archived