Tyra banks gains 30 pounds

EricaKane70

• Members

Is this the message we want to convey to young people? If you are skinny and then gain some weight you get shunned and ridiculed by our society. When Tyra was a model she was 126, and she now flutuates between 140-160 pounds. This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. I commend her for defending herself in saying that she feels great at that weight and that its nothing wrong at being that weight. An people wonder why the number of eating disorders increases every year.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, if there is more than one thing that really makes me beyond sick, is this stupid asss double standard with weight in this country. You don't see any other country worry about being overweight but this one. If the damn rags are not posting pics about how "fat" someone is, they then go on the other end and have pics about how skinny women celebs are.

We, as men, are not asked to lose weight. And, I bet that most of the execs in Hollywood have a Krispy Kreme donut in their fat asss hand when they tell some actress she needs to lose 50 punds.

I LOVE women with some damn meat on their bones. Tells me they have lived a good life, and are proud of who they are. She is fabulous looking right now, and if I were her I wouldn't lose one damn pound.....

and I would also tell those who don't like it to F*** OFF!!!!! After telling them that they could stand to push themselves away from the table for once and worry about they damn self instead of worrying about me.

• Members

While I agree with you all, Tyra has made a living for the last 6 years telling some girls they are too fat to be models and that they need to lose weight to be models.

Soooooooooooooo. She is helping to keep the cycle going.

Archived