GL: Tuesday January 23.

• Members

LOL! Pelphrey frickin' needs a GOOD director, who is willing to help him take down his acting by a couple of notches. I like Beth Champerlin actually. She single handedly gave one of the best overall supporting performance in 2006, during her ITL episode. Lizzie is a lost cause...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh no, Beth Chamberlain is fine. In fact the dialogue was fine, the scenes were just irratic and those kids were just screaming, especially that Lizzie girl, there was absolutely no depth to her performance. And why was there no music? The scenes were dead silent and just endless. And the directing was [!@#$%^&*], we hear Cassie screaming in the background but don't actually see her? The whole thing was just badly put together.

And yeah, this can't even compare to Cassie and John's deaths on Y&R. This was kinda embarassing.

You're too kind. :)

• Members

Oh okay. I love Beth and hope she makes the pre-noms. But IA with the lack of depth. However, I disagree with the lack of music. Silence can be VERY powerful sometimes. Though it takes a good actor to convey his/her emotions to the audience, without music. But with this scene I can see why the "silent" approach fell short.

Kissing butt as usual I see... ;)

:P Kidding!

• Members

I definitely agree it can be, in fact I'm not a fan of it a lot of the time (like the tinkly music in nearly every funny scene on DH and every scene on GA being accompanied by some indie song that so much of the time drowns out the dialogue) but some music could have helped the screamy scenes reach a crescendo. The only place the lack of music worked for me was the final shot.

Archived