AMC - Thursday

• Members

I will watch the rest of the episode later but flipped on my tape just to check out this new opening and I agree it is much better edited and put together and I am glad they are keeping the floating pictures, its what distinguished it from the other two ABC soaps and still ties into the very fabric of AMC, the photos. Say what you will about the show, that open really does showcase the history and fabric of the show well.

I, like R Sinclair am a bit nervous about a Courtney "Hot Mess" Bugler penned script.... but those Tad/Dixie scenes sound amazing.

As for Cady being happy? I think Cady got what she wanted in the 5-6 months she got to work with Thorsten Kaye..... and she still is far from being the Dixie she once was. She has more depth to her now and layers never before turned back. But still the hints of her former character are still there and I am so happy they took her back in that direction. McTavish is a sucky ass writer, but she knows Tad and Dixie like no other couple and they are the one thing she seems too for the most part get right.

Still can be plot driven as hell but you can certainly tell she takes special care of them and puts so much energy into writing for them.

Cady left shortly after Meggie got the boot in 1995, then returned when Meggie got re-hired in 98, then left in 2002 when Culiton was writing, and now has since returned to a Megan penned show. So its clearly Megan McTavish still has one friend left on that set. Because lord knows she's lost almost everyone else!

Walt speaking out like he did just show's you how much she has lost.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why in the hell did they move Bianca's pic and put it next to Zarf??!??!!?! This makes me ill. Glad they gave Eden Riegel a new shot, but Tanisha Lynn(Dani), Cady McClain(Dixie) & Alicia Minshew(Kendall) could use newer shots and need them more than Eden, especially Alicia's which has a line right down the middle of her best shot. She's one of the main characters on the show and deserves much better, the same goes for Cady & Tanisha.

I wish GH would get a new opening, but probably won't until Stuart Damon's gone. :angry:

• Members

I just saw it and its a much better improvement over the last one. I noticed that Krystal's shot has been moved to the first floating picture. Does that mean she's on her way out? That spot has been the kiss of death. Edmund, Maria, Sam, Anita, and Brooke have all had that and look where they are now

• Members

Just watched the episode and oh my gosh! Tad and Dixie of old were on my screen today. Poor Cady, she is still sick :( but the chicken fingers, and the scarf/yarn story. I totally felt my Tad/Dixie love again today. It was such well written and well acted scenes and Cady and Michael will never lose that bond they share nor the chemistry. They are like the Luke and Laura of AMC. I loved it!

Derek and Dani, very contrived, but how sweet of a story was that that Derek told about Dani calling him daddy for the first time... oh my I thought I was gonna tear up. Sure McT still has a grip on this show.... but its scenes like the two I just mentioned that prove to me something is afoot behind the scenes. I know I keep saying it.... but its just I watch something from July compare it to know and even a year ago at this time. Its so much better. I dunno what it is. Anyway those were the highlights. Babe going outside screaming her head off :blink:, part of me was wishing the killer would come out of the bushes and whack her right then and there. I am getting so sick of Babe and then Josh of course chases after her like a dog chasing after a ball.

I am totally on J.R's side to bring Babe and Josh down and now Colby is talking about Krystal's secret and it looks like J.R is gonna ask Dixie hehe I used to be such a supporter of the Carey women but as I explained in the thread.... I want them to go down. I still like them, FOR WHO THEY ARE.... but they need to pay. And the Chandler's are the pipers :D I can't wait to get my vengeful Adam back!

• Members

Tad & Dixie made me CRY today. That was beautiful and they totally rememberd their history. Isn't Courtney Bulger MMT's neice? I wonder if MMT wrote some of the dialog here?

I want MORE of this so badly. And YAY for FINALLY having Dixie do something PRO-ACTIVE instead of having her dwell on what happened in Switzerland. I love that she wants to be a Patient Advocate again. She's more than just Tad's wife/ex. She always has been. I just wish they'd treat her like that. She is a good character in her own right, despite what the haters felt ths summer. She is complex - not a saint, but she has a good heart.

Nothing beats Mike & Cady's chemisty. It's pure magic and I'm glad we get to see it shine again. Beautiful.

• Members

I found myself wishing Babe into a coma today. Those yelling scenes were just too much.

I know the "reminder" scenes irritate some people, but its something that made AMC so much easier for me to get into when I first started watching the show. I started watching OLTL at the same time and I had a much harder time getting into it. I had to quit and try again a few times before that show took for me.

It seems like everyone on this show thinks they have the right to grab Zarf and push him around when they feel like it. :angry: At the same time he needs to stop being so ambiguous. Just say what you know without the games already!

The KWAK/Colby scenes were nice. I like the way Krystal is trying with her and I think it's funny that Colby is basically pretending to be nice to her. I wonder if this latest babydoll is going to be born. Is Tad really going to have another daughter?

• Members

LOVED seeing Zarf -- aka, the character that singlehandedly made "All My Children" appointment TV -- FINALLY in the credits. Although I must say, one thing I didn't notice was Bianca being bumped to the middle?! What?! Why is LILY closing the show? God, is her portrayer still employed by the show? Don't get me wrong, I love the character but SHE IS NEVER FREAKING ON!!! Granted, I only record AMC three times a week, and only started that about a month ago, but as of last week, I've begun trying to record every day of the week -- and still, NO Lily. Besides, why shouldn't Binks be with her Big Mama?! Everyone knows the second star of the show, one down from Susan is Eden Riegel. She has such an impossible charisma and skill that she too makes "All my Children" appointment TV.

• Members

Well I agree with you on Bianca shouldn't be stuck in the middle just bc they wanted Zarf with Babe....They could have put Zarf at the end before Bianca.

BUT Lily closed for the year and a half that Bianca was gone from the show - and she was a 4 days per week character for most of 2005 and 2006 - it wasn't until after Terry was killed that we started seeing less of Lily...and that was around September? I think Levin has been trying to find other things in Hollywood, as she is the right age to 'make it big'. But back to my point, it isn't weird that Lily closes since we've seen that for so long anyway.

Archived