AMC - Thursday

• Members

We had a much better, updated opening! I'll have to go back and re-watch it...but what I caught is:

Erin and Brooke are gone.

Zarf is added, and Bianca has been put after him in the middle of the sequence. Lily closes.

Krystal is in a flying picture next to Adam and taken away from Tad.

There were 3 sets of flying pictures, instead of the 1.

Sydney is still there, but I have no idea why.

ETA: Ok here is the sequence:

Erica flies in, Ryan, Kendall, Zach, Annie, Jonathan, Amanda, Aiden flies out, Krystal flies in for long shot, Adam, Colby, JR, Babe, Zarf, Bianca with a new shot!!!, Jamie, Julia, Dr. Joe, Josh, Jeff, Dixie, Tad, Di, Stuart, Myrtle, Palmer, Del flies out, Sydney flies in and across the screen, Dani, Sean, Jack, Lily flies out, Erica.

NOW - why aren't Di and Aiden together? Why is Sydney still there when she hasn't been on since like October and shows no signs of a future appearance? I love that Bianca got a new shot, but they could have given Dani and others who need a new one badly! Dixie's cut is still really bad - they've reduced her original 3 shots to 1.5 - the first and then second is cut short and looks horrible as Tad comes in next. I'm surprised that Josh is between Jeff and Joe, and not after Julia or someone his own age.

I really really like the Aiden-Krystal transition - they did a good job with that flying scene - even though Krystal took Brooke's spot here. But good job nonetheless.

Anyway the show is pretty good so far. I'm happy to see JR out of bed finally - and his scenes with Jamie are good. I just don't like this "I'm divorcing Babe" crap again - I wish they'd resolve this triangle.

The Julia/Dixie/Tad/Kathy scenes in the hospital are good too. So gentle.

I thought that Babe screaming thing was stupid. Was that a Courtney Bugler (sp?) thing???

The Zarf/Aiden/Derek/Di/Zach/Bianca scenes are good though. I'm wondering what Aiden and Di found and are about to tell Derek.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for the info!

I'm glad it looks better but all I can focus on right now is Julia Barr being gone :(

Interesting that Taylor Gildersleeve is still there since she just had a cycle end. They better not keep her around for months doing nothing and then bring her back full force in the summer.

• Members

^^No problem. Yes, after 30 years, it is hard not seeing Brooke in the opening :(

Ok that Tad/Dixie scene in the park with the scarf - Wow! I loved it. They are finally bringing our favorite couple back together. This Dixie is totally different than the Dixie of this summer and I love it. I like how they remembered their first kiss...and then how Dixie is thinking about working at the hospital again.

I loved the second Tad/Dixie scene in the park too. Tad brought Dixie chicken fingers and they talked about how there are lots of GOOD memories associated with them. Cady McClain and MEK are just perfect together. I loved them both today.

I also like the scenes where Julia is questioning Jamie on whether he'll be ok/ready to have a daughter in their house. I'm happy they are talking about this as a couple and it just didn't happen that Julia brings home Kathy.

I'll probably be in the minority here, but I'm really enjoying the Krystal/Colby scenes. I think Krystal is being like any parent - hypocritical in that they didn't practice what they preached, but they've learned from their past mistakes and only want to see their children be safe and not to all the wrong they have. It's realistic. I'm also happy that Colby told JR about Krystal's secret and that this will be moving along now.

The Josh/Babe/Ryan/Kendall dialogue today is awful and repetitive. Babe needs a tranquil show to calm the [!@#$%^&*] down!

• Members

I'm interested in what this "scarf" scene is all about.

So happy with the change in Dixie, but I wonder if Cady is happy.

Work at the hospital? Work? Better not have been a throw-away line. That's a major gripe I have with McTavish: Nobody ever works on her soaps. The hospital and Tempo and WRCW etc are story goldmines.

• Members

^^ITA. I'm wondering if Cady is happy too...she didn't seem to want to be the 'old Dixie with Tad' again. But that's obviously what fans want...

WOW - I teared up at that Derek and Dani scene. Derek talking to Dani and telling her about the first time he heard her call him "Daddy" and then wishing he could hear her say it again...and then Dani slowly wakes up and whispers "Daddy". My heart broke in that scene! Kudos to that man playing Derek (Charles?).

I'm guessing the drug in Zarf's apartment is some hormone-drug or whatever TG's take to change their gender. Obviously I don't know too much about TG's - but you know the stuff they take to reduce the hormones or something? Anyway I'm sure that's why Zarf freaked out at the end when they showed him what they found in his apartment.

• Members
The first time Tad kissed Dixie (for real), she was winding yarn (while pregnant with JR). If you want to see it, you can go to this site and it's the last video on the bottom right.

http://www.tadndixie.com/favorite.htm

Also the first time they ate chicken fingers together was on a park bench in 1989 while Dixie was pregant. Wow - they are really remembering history! I can't wait to see this.

Cady loves working with MEK and she loves Tad and Dixie. She just doesn't like to be ONLY considered the Martin Stepford wife and Mommy baking cookies - she wants to be more, so I'm glad they added the part about going back to work as a Patient Advociate which was her job in the early 1990's. Wow, they really brought back a lot of history today. I've been waiting a year for scenes like this.

• Members

Haha - well you might be surprised to know that MANY people (even those who don't watch the show) are obsessed with title sequences and love knowing about new/updated ones. :P

Anyway, DON'T KILL ME, but Courtney was the script writer...not sure which one she is, but I know you despise her, so I'm guessing she's on that list of two. The only really bad dialogue today was the Kendall/Babe/Josh/Ryan stuff in the hospital...and I think you'll see what I mean - she did the whole reminder thing (Josh: "Are you talking about MY SISTER'S HUSBAND ZACH?" - haha and then of course the name repeating and whatnot.

Whoever did the scripts with Tad/Dixie and Jamie/Julia did a really good job - especially Tad/Dixie, with all the history intermixed with their scenes, I have trouble believing Miss Courtney did the writing there.

• Members

Horsesh!t!! I knew it had to be Lil Miss Hot Mess. :angry: The rotation had already gone through Kanelos, Cohen, Lewis and Taylor. Damn.

I won't be able to watch it for another hour or so since I work from home and I tape the ABCD 3 (GH is currently taping now) -- but I have to see how she uses this history. And the history references could've come from the breakdown. Like Taylor's script yesterday was totally breakdown driven.

And I know people are interested in the sequences, Always. I was just being a ball buster. It's just that after I see it once, it's old news.

• Members

I'm not a fan of Bianca's new shot, but over all, this version is better than the last. Now if only Alicia would get a new shot without that horrible line though her!

I wonder if Krystal is next to leave the show. Everyone to appear in the flying pictures before Adam has exited the show, with the exception of Sydney Penny.

Archived