DAYS: SOW interview with JKJ (Phillip)

• Members

currentcover_sowlg.jpg

SOW Interview with Jay Kenneth Johnson........

Weekly: What did you do during your break from Days?

Answer: I booked a Spelling pilot, Hotel, but unfortunately it didn't get picked up. The next year I was out in Hawaii working on North Shore for about 8 months. I was living right on the beach and has a blast. Lost as being filmed about 20 mins. up the road fromus. I also did Scrubs, a few CSI's and Charmed. It was great.

Weekly: How was your first day back?

Answer: It was so wild driving in. I was thinking, "I used to park right there!". I was happy to see everybody, and everybody was happy to see me. It's been four years, but time flew by so fast. I didn't have any dialogue at all. I was all wrapped up, in the last scene of the day. It was nice because I got the chance to catch up with everybody, but my next two days were absolutely crazy. I feel like I'm getting back into the swing of things though.

Weekly: Tell us about the 'new' Philip.

Answer: He's changed a lot. After Belle left him and took his baby away, he went back over to Iraq and got into a horrible accident again. During his time in the hospital he had a lot of time to think about what happened to him and I don't think he came out better from it. He's on a mission now. All he's worried about is his daughter and getting her back. You'll have to make your own assumptions on what his motives are for that. But he really wants her back. I'm having a great time. I've never had a chance to play this bad a person (laughs).

Weekly: Another change since you last played him is that Philip is now an amputee. How are you handling that?

Answer: I've been putting one of those five pound weights on my leg so I can remember to do my limp.

Weekly: First the leg, now the face. Philip has pretty bad luck, huh?

Answer: I know! I was in the midst of this massive brawl where Shawn was punching Philip, and I thought, "Wouldn't my face fall off?"

Weekly: Speaking of new faces, when you were at Days before, Jason Cook played Shawn and Kirsten Storms was Belle. How is it with the new actors?

Answer: I've had most of my scenes with Farah (Fath, Mimi), who I've worked with before, but Martha (Madison) and Brandon (Shawn) are great. I'm really excited to be working with both of them because the story we have is going to be a lot of fun. We're all fighting over Claire, who is one of the cutest babies I've seen in my entire life.

Weekly: I hear that the twins who play her (Ava and Olivia White)have really taken to you.

Answer: They are the sweetest little things. I've never had to work with a baby before, but I'm having a great time. We were taping the other day and I had to hand Ava off, but she reached out to me and said, "Dada!" It was on tape, so I think you'll get to see that.

Weekly: Do you keep in touch with Nadia Bjorlin (ex-Chloe)?

Answer: Yes, I spoke with her over the past weekend. She's so happy for me, and she's doing well herself. She just shot a film. I told her, "It's not going to be the same around here without you." I definately miss her.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358339/mess...Kenneth+Johnson

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's been so blown out of proportion by all the teenyboppers that Days lured in around 2001 with the Salem High invasion. He's NOT all that.

I hope he'll surprise me with some talent this time.

And NUBS! What do you mean, "Kennifer Fan #192?!" We both know that you're my #1 fan, dahling. ;):P

• Members

Shallow comment: JKJ looks HOT in that SOW pic! And that was funny when he wondered about his face falling off during the fight scenes.

I really do hope that Philip will wonder about his real child and rethink giving up his rights to the baby.

• Members

I really, really liked JKJ. He was by far the best out of the bunch of teens from the Dot.com and Salem High days. Not that that is saying a lot, but I found him to be infinitely more likeable and talented than the rest. I'm glad he's back. And Bree, I agree with you. He does look HOT. Personally, I like the idea of the entitled, preppy-rich Phillip to the muscle head bohunk Phillip, so I'm very happy with JKJ reprising the role.

I'm also hoping they decide to go the surrogate route. It makes a lot more sense for him to pursue his own biological child who wouldn't otherwise have biological parents around than to keep pushing the issue of parentage of a child whose father didn't know she was his for a year. It's not like Shawn chose not to be a part of her life. He just didn't know she was his.

• Members

So glad to have Jay back at DAYS.

He was the ONLY "90's teen invasion" actor that I truly liked and who had great screen presence and acting potential.

With Jay now back in a role that is MUCH more developed, deeper and WAY better focused and written, I think we are going to be in for a REAL treat.

I hope he stick around for awhile, Philip is integral at this point to one of the biggest stories at the moment.

Archived