Strangely addictive... Africam!

KLN

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, now the birds are crazy!!

I have terrible Africam timing so far. I've only seen a close-up of an ant, a close-up of cracked ground, various grass, and a bird walking in the water. LOL!

But, at the same time, it's 1:15 in the morning, and I'm watching Africam. You're right. It really IS addictive. It's so pretty too! LOL!!

• Members

DANG IT!!! I missed the deer. LOL!! Well, it's dark there again.

Kenny, what time is the best time to watch? I think we're about 8 hours behind them, right? So midnight our time? I want to see some action. Actually, anything other than ants and birds would be cool. LOL!

• Members

Well, I've never seen much at night... other than skunklike creatures roaming around.

From my experience, a good time to see animals is earlier in "their" day...and then right about the time the sun is about to go down there. So... [!@#$%^&*]. I dunno what time zone you're in, so you'll have to do the math on that one, LoL

• Members

I'm in Iowa, so I'm in the central time zone. I'm terrible at math, so I'll just have to take a stab at when to find the most active times. LOL!!!

You know, I figured night time would be a good time to see nocturnal animals. Lionesses hunt at night, and hyenas mess around a lot then too. I'll just keep checking. : )

• Members

I checked it out about 7:45 a.m., and I finally saw some animals. Actually, I saw a TON of animals. There was a gigantic herd of deer and a whole gang of baboons. There were tons of baby baboons too. They were hanging around in the grass, playing, drinking water, and getting rides on their parents' backs.

What was really weird was that the deer and baboons all kind of hung out together. They were all together under a shade tree just intermingling. I have never seen anything like that before!!

Archived