Strangely addictive... Africam!

KLN

• Members

AFRICAM!

Okay, I so saw this posted over at "The Connotator" and have been watching it the last few days. I think it's absolutely fascinating.

It's a live camera in the middle of African wilderness. You can watch it and see all sorts of animals come and go, kill each other... you'll find yourself watching for hours at a time just to see what happens. Elephants, hyenas, leopards, giraffes and whatnot in their natural habitat. It's fascinating! You can even hear the animals, rather clearly. Picture is clear... it's fabulous!

It's like Meerkat Manor: Live!

The picture is clear, the sounds are clear. You'll be watching for hours just to see animals and see what the hell they do. Will they kill each other? Will it rain on them today? Watch the sun go down, watch the sun rise. Seriously... I know it sounds crazy. But click the link above. You'll see what I mean.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

watched a little eariler, realized Kenny you were right, strangely addictive indeed! ...so I pulled myself away quickly after seeing what at first I thought was JER, but then realized it was just another, very large, animal...

and now...'tis only a little, lonely bird drinking some water...all alone

• Members

Ooh, I so wish you guys would've seen the big attack earlier! LoL

The animals come out ALOT (in giant herds, LoL) at sundown and sunrise. All kinds, too. Elephants, zebras, monkeys... the whole lot of them. Giraffes.

• Members

How cool is that?? I guess it's nighttime there. There wasn't anything going on but a lot of insect noises (which were REALLY loud). They COMPLETELY freaked my cats out. : )

I'm going to check this out later. Thanks, Kenny!

• Members

LoL, yeah, the crickets 'n such are really loud at night. It'd louder at night than it is during the day!

I'm gonna watch the sun rise later and see what animals come out. I want another lion attack or something today like there was yesterday. I'm not quite sure what happened, but I heard all sorts of roars and saw everything go running like bats outta hell.

Archived