Is Passions being cancelled?

• Members

Can't they buy him out? (Not that they'd want to) but isn't there some way to remove him? Actually, I don't see why they can't fire him if he doesn't have ownership of the show. He's the creator, executive producer and writer of the show. But NBC owns it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nope. PASSIONS' budget will go toward promoting 4th Hour TODAY, and the salary of Billy Bush, Nancy O'Dell, a lord knows who else they sign on for this God-awful experiment.

He has PART ownership of the show, and his ironclad contract more than likely says that unless he dies or gives up HW/Producer credits, he will remain in the chair.

NBC can't force Reilly out without enduring a lenghty and, quite frankly, expensive legal battle. And I doubt NBC wants to go the New World/Dobsons way again.

I wish NBC would air DAYS in the late-afternoon. That's the only way I see the ratings inproving for that soap.

• Webmaster

NBC can fire James E. Reilly. He is the creator, but NBC is the ultimate owner and sole distributor of the series. If they ever wanted him gone, they would have gotten rid of him long ago. Of course, there could be a stipulation in his contract that said he could never be fired until the day he died or NBC cancelled the soap.

• Webmaster

Liza Huber could end up on AMC as Hayley?

Otherwise, the only person that should get a job elsewhere is Lindsay Hartley, as she's the most popular of all on Passions. However, the same was true for Susan Wald on Sunset Beach and she hasn't held a steady job or financially satisfying job since Beach's end.

• Members

Lindsey Hartley will get a job fast.

She is the best actress on there besides Juliet Mills.

She is young and has had to carry Passions for years.

Lindsey is a goldmine. She is an emmy-caliber actress who would have at least 2-3 nods by now if she was on another soap or network.

I think Liza will be picked up fast too.

• Members

Oh, but Hogan, didn't you know? Neither actress is going ANYWHERE.

Both Lindsay AND Liza already have jobs.

If you hadn't heard, Lindsay plays Theresa Lopez Fitzgerald Crane on "Passions." Liza Huber, Susan Lucci's daughter, portrays Gwen Hotchkiss Winthop on the same soap opera, which airs on NBC Daytime.

Neither actress is going anywhere so um, maybe you should think of jobs for some of the "Sunset Beach" actors.

Let's see, Cristi Ellen Harris (ex Emily)? Or let's see...hmmm...Kam Heskin?

• Members

Cough, *denial*, cough...

Seriously, JSF, I don't want to believe PASSIONS is going anywhere either, but we have to face reality. Reality being that it is looking less and less likely that our show is going to survive this. Again, I don't WANT it to happen, but I'm not going to get my hopes up, and then be devasted when PSNS probably is cancelled.

• Members

Heidi Mueller, I think, will be quite successful. She is sexy but with a girl-next-door appeal. She'll get a lot of girlfriend roles on primetime shows, I think.

Most of the time, it's not about talent. I love Lindsay's acting, but I am not sure if it will fit well in primetime and films. Daytime, yes, but I think her look may be intimidating on other soaps unless she is the lead character.

Archived