2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Honestly if you ask me, I think we wouldn't have Passions today, if JER's knack for writing the supernatural wasn't a success on DAYS. I've heard that his first year after Sheri left was awesome, and it didn't have all that silly plot driven stuff we saw in 97. Just IMO.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

They were Co-Head Writers with Peggy Sloane.

Laiman has been a Co-Head Writer since 2005 (same with Whitesell), but a Co-Head Writer with lower status than Head Writer (ala Donna Swajeski at GL).

Not really. They're not hiring solely based on having experience doing both breakdowns and scripts. And what's happening is different than what happened at GL. GL fired most of their scripts writers and kept everyone else to write scripts off Kreizman/Swajeski's thrusts. Kreizman is now also the Script Editor. At ATWT, they're just having some writers write scripts off their own breakdowns.

Yeah, I've been hearing that for about a month now but didn't post about it because I was told it wasn't a done deal yet.

Yup, I posted about this last Monday. It's a mass exodus at ATWT. There's more leaving. I think Goutman is taking it out on the writers. That's why you see some of them jumping ship or being fired.

Connor was a producer at AMC not OLTL. I haven't heard anything about Connor becoming a producer at ATWT.

• Members

He should be taking it out on Jean Passanante. She is the problem. And he is to blame too because he has final say on what goes and does not go on screen. Can someone tell me why Jean is still safe with her job??? It is ridiculous!!

• Members

Honestly, I think all soap headwriters should take a more active role in editing scripts. Hell, if I was the headwriter, the person who gets flamed at even the most minute detail in the script, I would check to see if the scripts have a certain quality.

Also, something that someone mentioned in the DAYS thread. They have been going back and forth on DAYS in regards to the EJ/Sami/Lucas triangle depending on who wrote that day's script. With the headwriter editing scripts, the scripts might be written with the same voice as opposed to different voices for each writer.

• Members

Yep. I think I was the one who mentioned that. Jodie Scholz writes the episodes that hints that Sami has feelings for EJ on EJ is my friend days while Bettina Bradbury seems to have the assignment of Sami telling EJ he is irrelevant and will always be afraid of him on rape victim days.

I'm new to this whole paying attention to script writer stuff so can someone with patience for this noob please explain to me how these episodes get assigned and if when things like this happen it's a case of certain writers seeing script characters differently or a head writer saying to this person you are going to write the pro-EJami episodes and you are going to write the pro-Lumi episodes? Because it's really jarring and I'd like to know what you who know the process better would suggest DOOL do to fix it?

Archived