2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Administrator

She's never worked with B&E. She's new.

That's how it works sometimes. Friends hire friends. I'm actually surprised that Dena only brought over 3 people (Victor G, Fran Myers, Mark C.) she knew from DAYS. I thought there'd be more.

Roger Newman. I think he's retired. He hasn't written for a soap since he left Passions in 2004.

Richard Backus.

No predictions. :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

No, I don't believe it is. I'll try to find out what a Story Producer is. LOL GL's writing staff is just weird now. They no longer have seperate breakdown writers and script writers - all of them will be doing both.

No. An Associate Head Writer is another term for breakdown writer.

• Members

I think that Julie Hanan Carruthers is close to/highly protective of most of her writers. I don't see a mass exodus over there, like we possibly could see at OLTL.

(For the love of God, though, I hope this Kate Hall person is replacing Courtney Bugler).

I wonder how the GL writers think about pulling double duty. I can see a writer writing two breakdowns a week, but a breakdown AND a script?! I wonder if any of them will look for employment opportunities elsewhere...

• Members

Julie needs to sit her ass down because the bulk of the AMC writers aren't that golden (Walsh, Hayes, Bugler, BEALL, Taylor... ). Michelle Patrick and Karen Lewis are the true core of the current AMC writing staff. Patrick's at least a 17 year vet and Karen Lewis has 20 years to brag about (which is why I laughed my ass off at someone saying Karen Lewis is second best script writer to 31/2 year old newbie BEALL)... both having worked under Nixon, Washam and Broderick. Which is why I thought Michelle Patrick would've been great as interim head writer if not permanent.

But alas, my opinion doesn't matter. Who knows if she even wanted the position or not? If I were in charge, though, I definitely would've considered her.

Some people could be up for the task. I guess it's just something you have to train yourself to do. I read that Michelle Patrick had gotten used to writing two breakdowns a week when she was at GH working with Guza that when she went back to AMC, she had to readjust to writing just one under McTavish.

I know I wouldn't want to do it, though.

• Administrator

Finally got the answer. :)

The Story Producer is there to make sure everything runs smoothly from script to screen. Sometimes important things/beats get cut out by the show producer and editor because of the run time or they thought those scenes aren't really that important. The SP is there to tell them to don't cut that scene out because it's important. The SP is also there to answer any questions concerning the script/story and they write additional material if the show is running short.

Archived