i network (formerly PAX) enjoys 21% ratings gain

Scotty

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree...Baywatch has NO place on TVLand, but then again, neither do half the shows presently on TVLand. That channel has gone to hell in a handbasket in the last year. And now they are adding M*A*S*H at the first of the year. Who the hell cares? I don't. They are constantly rearranging their schedule, and removing some of the more popular old tv shows. They are about to lose me completely as a viewer.

• Members

Well, "Baywatch" was only for a weekend marathon. TVLand didn't acquire the rights to it. Spike already had the rights, they were running out, so TVLand aired a full weekend of mainly 1989-1995 episodes as a way to send it off. Of course, Spike ended up renewing it and aired it again for a few months. I wish they'd bring it back, and in an afternoon slot (around 3ish). I was really started to revisit it when they suddenly yanked it off again.

• Members

I only watch Mama's Family on i, but I definitely see why the network is doing so well. The only show I watched on PAX was Supermarket Sweep...and that was only if I was really bored.

I've never seen Baywatch on TVLand...I remember them doing the weekend of it, but that was the only time it was mentioned. As weird as it seems, some people consider shows from the 90s to be "old." I don't agree with it, but I understand. I remember last week watching an episode of Seinfeld that mentioned JFK Jr., and thinking that that episode was now outdated, even though it was made in the mid-90s. :blink:

I don't like how some shows are on all the time, and others aren't. Shows like Leave it to Beaver, Bonanza, and Gunsmoke are on all the damn time!! TVLand used to show Maude and Soap, but they stopped a while ago. I was really bummed out b/c you really can't see them anywhere else. I know that they were featured onDemand on Comcast.

Maybe TVLand should have a second station, one for shows from the 50s and 60s, and another for the 70s and 80s. It must be popular. That's one of the only stations that my family watches.

• Members

What's the point of reality shows on TVLand anyway?! The purpose of this show was to air everything that was "too old" for Nick At Nite.

I also feel in terms of "aging" itself, Nick at Night aged itself way too much. It just feels odd having 90's shows like WINGS and FRESH PRINCE OF BEL-AIR on Nick At Nite. What's next? FRIENDS and SEINFELD?!

I'm just not fond of cable networks that veer off the original intended course(VH1 Classic, THIS MEANS YOU!).

It would be fun if the i network acquired the rights to NightTracks or old, obscure music videos to air on Friday and Saturday Nights.

• Members

I'm definitely part of the 21% growth! Especially now that everything on the big networks is in re-runs, I'm watching Growing Pains and Mama's Family every night.

I only have one (well, two) complaints about "I" - the neverending infomercials, and the super-cheesy commercials that are geared to 80 year olds. :rolleyes: I'm hoping if "I" keeps growing, air time will get more expensive, and the cheesy commercials will be out. :huh:

Archived