Burton Armus

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Armus's intention is to turn Dixie back into her former self by having Tad discover that she's been brainwashed--which would explain why she's not herself.

Several people who have read Armus's bible told me that it was very good and very old fashioned with a lot of focus on Pine Valley's history. Armus wanted the characters to be more of themselves. [s.W.S.N.B.N.] had outlined that Brooke English start a women's magazine and Armus used this to create a new Erica/Brooke war that was to affect everybody in PV. I did not read the bible myself, so you're getting 3rd hand reporting here.

• Members

I've seen theories like this, that Dixie might have been suffering from a prolonged head trauma caused by the accident, which is why she's acted so cold since she returned. It would have been the better way to go that's for sure.

Burton Armus sounds amazing, and him calling Frons an idiot, I'd have loved to have been a fly on that wall just to see Frons' expression :lol:

• Members

I'm scared to say, man.

I was told by Armus himself that he was coming to AMC and he seemed really peeved about the show's current condition. It's like he takes it personal.

Then again, Brian Frons is KING OF THE HILL and he's not about to lose control of AMC to somebody who secretly thinks he's "stupid".

Armus is a pretty intimidating looking guy and it's clear that he won those writing Emmys from smarts. He also specializes in "murder mystery" and "secrets", he loves controversial social issues with elements of homosexuality, drugs, money. Each EMMY he won was for a "social issue" type of show. He loves social issues.

He wanted Erica and Brooke to the be "center" of his show.

• Members

Thanks for the information EricaKane4life. I like most of the bible except for this part:

Ugh no way do I want Binks relentlessly pursuing some woman old enough to be her mom who stole her baby from her in the first place with that stupid test switch. I thought Lena was too old for her even and Olga is my age :D For once I would like to see Bianca being chased except by Zarf :rolleyes: The woman is young, rich and gorgeous. She should have women falling over her.

The rest sounds great especially undoing the unabortion. I think that really started the show on the downward path although I pretty much stopped watching consistantly during spermgate.

And this sums up what is wrong with ABCD:

But raping and threatening women and burying people alive is'nt?

The man is killing the last ABC soap I can still occassionally stand to watch. I just hate him. And I blame the suits above him as well. Oh how I wish I could get into DAYS. But NBC just has never been my network. I never thought I would see the day I envied DAYS fans but man is it ever here.

• Members

I don't care for bisexual Krystal. Maybe if they brought back Laura (played by a better actress than the last one) and revisited the Bianca/Laura story. It would make sense and make for great drama especially if Brooke and Erica and at the center of the Armus AMC. Also don't care for bisexual Ryan. The Nina/Palmer/Opal/Myrtle story sounds like a dream. Sigh, if only it were more than a dream.

• Members

Well, with Brooke leaving the show then I would think that Burton is not going to be joining AMC. It sounds like the focus was going to be on the rivalry between Brooke/Erica and that would have been really entertaining. I think that he would have pushed TIIC to renew her contract instead of offering her recurring. I wonder what kind of storylines Kendall would have. I guess we will never know now and that is a real shame.

• Members

Okay.

Bianca started pursuing Krystal relentlessly.

I personally got my own perception and kind of saw Bianca as stalking Krystal by pursuing her relentlessly. I just found that to be odd. But JMO.

I guess i'm just not feeling the dead bi-ryan story, the cult Dixie story or the Bianca/Krystal love story.

I do love the Nina and Palmer stories however and I even mildly intrigued by Myrtle and Opal's stories. . Those would be hits. The rest I felt are misses. But then again I haven't seen or read them. So just taking it all at face value.

Archived