December 4-8, 2006

Toups

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The ice cream is something they do for the all important 18-34 demo not the Household ratings. Being number #1 in 18-34 demo is VERY important to the network because it one of the of the big things the advertisers look at when they shell out money cause they want that same age group buying their products. I think DAYS would of done better had they featured Steve/Kayla more last week they were only on one day (Friday)

• Members

NO they are right about the 18-34. I am trying to word this the right way. Days puts a very high emphasis in the 18-34 demo. They have for quite sometime. They got #1 in both the 18-34 and the 18-49 this week, but the demo they see as most important is the 18-34 (younger viewers).

You are right that most soaps put more emphasis in the 18-49 - in fact most all shows see that as the key demo group, but Days and Passions both adopted several years back the idea that the younger demo was what they were shooting for.

• Members

DAYS cast gets ice cream or I know used to if they won the 18-49 demo, not the 18-34 demo because they would have been getting ice cream the 10 years straight now.

I do agree NBC cares a lot about the 18-34 demo, definitely moreso than CBS and ABC but did you read anywhere where NBC said they are shooting for the 18-34 demo moreso than any other demo? I havent and was just wondering if you have.

• Members

I remember reading it somewhere, and when I first came here someone posted about it in one of the ratings threads.

So just basing it on those 2 things mostly. I remember especially during Langan's reign the big focus for Days was the 18-34 and the Teens.

I have not read anything in awhile, and would hope that they see the older 18-49 more important.

• Members

Thanks Steve, I had no idea it was posted here and would hope DAYS would change their minds and concentrate more on the 18-49 as well as 25-54 demo although I doubt they concentrate on the 25-54 demo near as much as the 18-34 and 18-49 demos.

• Members

Not just Days but I wish all soaps would learn that balance is important. I posted it in another thread, but to me no producer anymore seems to figure out this. To me if they used balance among their cast and who they feature - they would hit all the demos.

It has been proven in the past in primetime that there is an older segment out there who watches TV. That older segment kept Murder She Wrote in the top 10 for years, and NBC used to have a very successful ratings night on Tuesday nights with In the Heat of the Night, Matlock, and another show (forgot the name).

If they gave the episodes balance, then a show could pick up viewers from each important demo, and overall by doing that they would raise the HH's too. But alas it will never be.

• Members

It dosn't surpirse me that Y&R has dropped. This show used to be must-watch for me but I have only been watching it 1-2 times a week now. It's just gotten kind of boring.

I'm glad Passions went up. This show has improved so much. I hope they continue to raise in the ratings.

I wish AMC would go up. In my opinion the show has gotten so much better than it has been in the past few months.

Days has gotten so much better too, I hope it will rise in the ratings in the upcoming weeks.

• Members

Did you see Y&R daily ratings? They are taking a beating. i dont Those numbers are like smith. This is a little scary LML betta pump her brakes. Passions has had sharp jumps. Everyone is raving about it. I quit watching I may have to go back. ATWT seeming to be dipping too. Poor AMC/OLTL. GL seems to be losing in its ratings the last three weeks.

• Members

So Betty White was on the Week of Dec 4-8. That is trully sad. A major disappointment. Y&R is really changin. I dvr my shows but I fond myself F through Nick n Philly. I cant take it. I even ff through anything with that horrible lily. Jack and Sharon are macking me sick too. Jack looks like he got high blood pressure. His face is ALWAYS red. I only like Katherine's story, and Jack vs Victor. The Carmen murder is getting stale, and the Brad thigh master game is getting redundant(SP?)

Archived