General Rant

Matt

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's life, boys. It's all trial and error - some of us are never lucky enough to find just what we're looking for, so we just have to be happy with what we are. It's not always easy; in fact, it almost never is.

That said, yes, men are assholes. Myself included. We all have our moments and, it seems, that all the ones we find are just assholes 24/7. That's why we have friends.

• Members

I've been single for almost two years now because I got my heart broken by guys so many times in the past.

In my experience, the guys that I've dated seem to think that monogamy is a type of wood.

Right now I'm completely happy spending time with friends. If I happen to meet someone randomly and it turns to something long lasting, that'd be great. But I learned my lesson too many times that you can't go out looking for a boyfriend, especially in the world of gay clubs.

In clubs do you find not Mr Right, but Mr Right NOW. :lol:

• Members

My first time having it happen was just a few weeks ago.

And I agree with the second statement which is why my first real heartbreak, if you want to call it that, was so recent. I'm content with friends and family, for sure.

• Members

Not ALL men are assholes. That's why we always fall for 'em an end up hurt -- we know that there are decent dudes out there, and we always just assume/hope that we found one of the few. Enter trust... then enter heartbreak. Blah.

• Members

After being burned by a guy who is short and shrimpy in more than one department over the summer, I've ultimately decided to a) take a vow of celibacy and B) not be concerned with trying to find a man at all. They are all either "straight," whores, not into me, or all three.

I feel like they are way too much trouble, not worth the effort, and at the end of the day, it's not worth me eventually hating him over.

Working at a gay club in a college town certainly helps reiterate that for me. Everyone is always trying to hook up or keep up appearances. And everybody knows your business. And I don't want ANY of that mess!

I'm just working on being "me" for a change. Working on my writing, my projects, working...I never want to be overconsumed by a man ever again.

Oh, not to mention how the guy from the summer who ended up burning me works at the campus coffeeshop where I frequently hang out. Cowinkydink?! Don't think so!

Archived