The View: Rosie vs Elizabeth!

Cheap21

• Members

anyone watching? The topic is the school shooting yesterday and Rosie starting talking about the gun and how people shouldnt be allowed to have them. Elizabeth opposed this and said that people have a right to firearms. She kept cutting Rosie off the entire time and Rosie looks pissed. She had to tell Elizabeth to stop yelling. Elizabeth responded by saying she doesnt think she's yelling. She just talks fast and thats how people in her family talk. There's alot of tension on the set. Im waiting for Rosie to just go off on her Hopefully someone can get the whole thing on YouTube. I hit hte record button to late, but I'll try to put up the bit I have

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw it and just :rolleyes: at Elizabeth, she can be so annoying......I thought Rosie handled it well, and didn't give in to the arguement Elizabeth was gearing up for......

The audience was lucky today, they each got an Apple Nano :o and Tyler Florence's :wub: cookbook ..........

• Members

you could tell that Rosie was not happy. I wanted them to fight. Rosie held back too much. Ive been waiting since she came on for her and Elizabeth to go at it and this was the closest. Just wait till they hit more sensitive subjects

• Members

I never agree with Elisabeth but I agreed with her today. Rosie was being a real [!@#$%^&*]. At least Elisabeth could be two sided to the whole issue. Rosie refused to listen to anything Elisabeth said.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

We have a gun registry here in Canada and it has not stopped crime. Here in Edmonton we have more murders then we've ever had.

• Members

I agreed with Elisabeth, but she could have at least let Rosie get her point across before going on another tirade. The girl needs to calm herself and learn how to argue respectfully. I wanted Rosie to go off on her and I didn't even agree with the lady! And I thought she was getting ready to take Elisabeth on further with this issue because they were suppose to continue the conversation into the next segment, but it was kinda dropped. Me thinks Big Momma Barbara stepped in during commercial and told them to cool it.

• Members

I actually agree w/ Elisabeth, but I know that she obviously can't support her arguments for crap.

I think it's really stupid to own a gun, but I'm a big supporter of the Constitution (unlike certain government officials) and since the 2nd Amendment guarantees the right to bear arms, I'm not necessarily anti-guns.

I just think that they can't have some random Joe-Schmo go into a gun store and pick one up. Obviously, the restrictions aren't working if some deranged psychos can buy enough ammo to kill a city.

• Members

Exactly, and it's not better here in Canada b/c psychos can get guns as well. The guy who did the shooting weeks ago had been checked for major behavior problems and severe depression but he had all kinds of guns. The kids that do shootings in schools who get their hands on them I still don't get.

But anyway, as far as Rosie goes she does bring some life to The View, it was much needed and even if one doesn't agree with all her opinions and views, I like how she expresses them.

• Members

Elizabeth is so annoying. She talks over people constantly. At least Rosie stopped to let Barbara and Joy speak. WTF is she talking about with segregation? Is she on something? And then the whole "what if the teacher had a gun" thing was ludicrous. I agree with Rosie, though her position is a little extreme, but there needs to be control. People cannot be given these opportunities.

Archived