Desperate Housewives - Marc Cherry bans pregnancies

Cheap21

• Members

http://www.usmagazine.com/node/2316

"Desperate Housewives" creator Marc Cherry has told cast members to knock it off with the getting knocked up, says Eva Longoria.

Longoria made an appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," and told Ellen that "Desperate Housewives" creator, Marc Cherry had put a ban on any more cast pregnancies.

Ellen: You’re going to postpone if you want to get married [to San Antonio Spurs star, Tony Parker] and start a family like in a couple of years? You can't do that while you’re working?

Eva: Well, no you can -- it's just difficult because our work schedule is so crazy and you know Marcia Cross is pregnant and so Marc Cherry came on the set and he was “like no more pregnancies this year...they’re really hard to write in.”

Ellen: So you can’t do it yet. How many kids do you want?

Eva: As many as God will give.

Let’s hope Cherry changes his mind before the everyone’s biological clock kicks in and he’s found locked in a basement or buried underneath a pool.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Da hell? :blink: I can't figure out if Eva is being serious or if Marc was being sarcastic. How dare he tell a woman when to get pregnant!! Especially considering how 4 of the 5 actresses are over 40. It's not like they have all the time in the world.

Oh well :lol:

• Members

Actually, KR, despite reviews, DH has been a hit, ratings-wise. So we really can't say he has no right to be so high and mighty. If the show barely cracked the top 40, then you might have something on him. But it's consistently top 10, top 5? Something like that. It's a phenomenon. Even if the critics loathe it, ABC makes a killing off it.

That being said, I REALLY hope he was being sarcastic. That is a ridiculous demand.

• Members

He acts like he is the only person to write a primetime soap though. And I wouldn't even really call it a soap, but that's just my opinion. I've seen/heard so many interviews including his GG acceptance speech (?) where he just basically comes out and says that he's the [!@#$%^&*] for writing a soap at night.

If he's being sarcastic would he make a trip to the studio for it? And would Eva/Ellen feel it necessary to discuss on air? Not likely.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Sep 25 2006, 03:25 PM)

You don;t have to write it in, just hide it with close angles and ignore it. Heather Locklear's pregnancy wasn't written in on Melrose Place and she still managed to get shoved around just like any other day.

but on Melrose Place, they had to cut the season early and resumed the remainder in the summer, which is similiar to wha they also did on Sex and the City when Sarah Jessica Parker got preggers. Im sure ABC isnt looking at doing something like this. At least Marcia got preggers before the season started bc now they have plenty of time to make adjustments further down the road

Archived