DAYS: Soap Weekly SPOILERS

Terri

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, the wedding would've if the holidays didn't kill it. The days of the wedding got great numbers. The hand story has played out all summer and Days has had great ratings so I do think that has helped pique fan interest. J&J has been great for the fans but I agree that is not a ratings grabber.

If this stuff doesn't result in an increase then something is wrong.

• Members

Here are the J&J and Brody articles from SOD:

SOD -

ASHFORD AND REEVES LEAVE DAYS

It's "London Calling" for Jack and Jennifer this week, when they accept jobs across the pond and leave Salem with Jack Jr.

The exit has been in the works for months, ever since Melissa Reeves (Jennifer) told the show she wouldn't be staying when her contract expired. "I wanted to give them enough notice so they could plan," she explains. "And it's great stuff to play."

Reeves and husband Scott (ex-Ryan, Y&R; ex-Jake, DAYS) relocated to Nashville with daughter Emily and son Larry. "We've been thinking about it for the last four years," she says. "It started with, 'Okay we love it here. Let's get a place here in the summer.' Then it was like, 'We really love it here. Let's see if we can spend every holiday here.' We realized we could sell our house in LA and move to Nashville and have no mortgage. I could raise my children every day. Plus, there was sort of a feeling of, 'I'm not really needed on this show. I don't need to be here.'"

Once they made the decision, they were "very excited. I keep telling the kids that sometimes people move because they have to, and it's so hard on their kids, but we get to move because we want it. That's a blessing. I love seeing my husband sing. Plus, LA is a rough city to raise your kids in because they are surrounded by everything that's not real."

As for Ashford, he in not bitter about being released from the show again. "There's a lot of painful cost-cutting going on here, both in front of the cameras and behind the cameras," he sighs. "It's the harsh reality of where we're at right now. I think people will be generally happy with the way it plays out, but there's always going to be a little sadness. There's always hope I can come back and do something maybe newer and fresher and be thought of as the new Jack Deveraux."

Ashford is happy with the scriped exit. "Sometimes you leave a show and they don't want the audience to really be thinking about you too much because they don't want them to miss you. But they've written some great stuff. We've got to give the fans some happiness in this world. This time it's me."

The actor is not ruling out a daytime return. "If another soap or show calls, I'll be entertaining that. And if for some reason things turn around and DAYS suddenly decides Jack would be a great person to have back here, maybe that will happen. Never say never."

The duo will last air on September 21.

HOW DAYS' HUTZLER READ ABOUT HIS OWN EXIT:

Brody Hutzler (Patrick) is the latest DAYS star to be heading out of Salem, but unlike the others, the actor read of his dismissal in industry reports. "I walked into work to pick up some things and it was already in the magazines," says the actor, who managed to take the news in stride.

"People get fired all the time," he reasons. "I've been fired before. I don't lay blame on anyone because there is a lot of change going on and I'm sure, because of that, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. However, it is disturbing to find out you're leaving a show in the press."

Hutzler, whose contract expires early next year, admits, "I was planning on leaving anyway. I had just signed with a new manager with the intention of not resigning with DAYS. They made it easy for me by basically saying they aren't going to ask me to come back."

So, just how long will Patrick be around? "This could change at any moment, but as far as I know, I'm still under contract until February," he states. "From what I've been told, they're only keeping me to the end of my contract, [which is why] I don't understand the rationale behind telling the fans six months before I leave that I'm leaving. But it's nice to know I have enough time to get my ducks in a row."

When Hutzler exits, he'll take with him fond memories of his DAYS days. "I will miss the relationships," he acknowledges. "I don't keep a lot of close friends and I have a very small family, none of whome live in this state, so they really became a family."

The actor hasn't ruled out a possible return to soaps, either. "I've already had some calls from other shows," he says. "It's an amazing job, with amazing hours, comparatively speaking. I've been very fortunate. When I leave this show, it will be close to eight years I've had a steady job. I've been really lucky."

Source: Spoiler Diva

• Members

Wow Brody does sound annoyed. I can't blame him in a way but he had to know it was coming with Farah leaving and all the cuts. He says he planned on leaving anyway so I can't understand the tone of that article other then he is ticked it got out so soon. I mean we learned about it unofficially in July and only now is it really offical so maybe that has him mad. I liked him in the beginning and supported Hotrick but they most me after they had sex so I can't say I will miss him.

Archived