Y&R: Rumor

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show as a whole was very crappy last year, but I do agree they needed to simmer on the backburner. Problem is, it's AUGUST, thats 8 months they haven't done much of anything. I don't think it's their fault that the writing was TERRIBLE last year and they Sheila story was a complete joke.

Lynn Latham writes good for each of the characters, but we don't see certain ones enough. This Lauren/Michael pregnancy and now father story is hard to get invested in when we see them once every two or three weeks.

• Members

Christian LeBlanc and Tracey Bregman are two very good actors with a good deal of soap opera experience therefore it is hard to see why Lynn Marie Latham and the producers and directors of Y&R can't find or develop a good storyline for them.

The sad and ridiculous Shelia storyline("She Terrorized A City!) wasn't their fault in the slightest. It was just a badly conceived storyline.

Now that they are getting rid of John Abbott(Jerry Douglas.Oh please don't give us this crap they shall have him around as a recurring character playing a ghost!), there should be room to find an actor who should be Michael's Dad. Considering, however, what they have done with the Brad character and his current storyline, I am afraid of what LML might actually do with this.

• Members

Nooooo... Michael's really an Abbott? Goodness, Gloria will milk that for all it's worth and get all that she wants from the Abbotts and Jabot. John was the first person to pop into my mind too, the next was Katherine's husband making him a Chancellor (shooting some new blood into that family). I can see them making him an Abbott to justify the Fishers taking over their role as a premier family on the show. Though if Michael's a Chancellor, I would love to see Gloria vs Katherine... that seems like it would provide a good story for Katherine and Jill.

• Members

Poohbear, IA with you, but all I want is for Michael to have a pedegree. Belong to a family of importance. He desreves it after what he's been through. He cjanged his life for the better, and that would be a great reward to find out your real pops is an Abbott or Chancellor. I wouldn't mind him being an Abbott so he could stick it to Jack and Ashley, and being a Chancellor would kick off the Jill Vs. Gloria feud. But, seeing as LL is killing off John without the rumored Ashley/John story, I don't know if they will make his a rich man's son.

He probably will end up being Tom's son, and that really stinks.

Archived