The best CURRENT writers on all soaps

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree also.  There were certain days when I saw a Sara Bibel? sp?  listed as writing Y&R that day and it seemed better on those days. But I've been down to 2 to 3 partial days a week for a few months...

Some of the other decent writers just kind of aged out.  I would have loved to have seen Stephen Demorest writing again and have Nancy Curlee out of retirement.  I remember Millee Taggart being the last good writer Guiding Light had. 

• Members

It's a major problem for the genre that so many of its best scribes have aged out or passed away. I have not always been completely happy with Taggart's writing, but her work on TGL was surprisingly good, and she did indeed provide fans with the last stretch of quality material before cancellation. After watching the show for many decades, however, I would have killed for Nancy Curlee to be there at the end, turning out The Light for the very last time.

• Members

Agreed. I usually love their DAYS scripts. Carolyn's been a bit off on her game lately though. Melissa Salmons was very solid in her scripts, I loved hers and was so sad when she left. I could ALWAYS tell when it was a Culliton or Salmons script or when it was one of the more lackluster ones.

Archived