Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KMan101

Netflix: One Day at a Time

53 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Vee said:

It's gotten crazy good reviews and I (full disclosure) worked on the release of last year's Norman Lear doc, so I have a fondness for the man and his works and am curious despite thinking it was a silly idea. I may have to check it out.

Watch it, Vee! It's delightfully old school. I feel as though I've been watching a marathon of a long-lost sitcom on Antenna TV or TV Land. The only thing missing is videotape and a live studio audience (there's a laugh track :( ). I don't think they even use background music.

38 minutes ago, Vee said:

It's gotten crazy good reviews and I (full disclosure) worked on the release of last year's Norman Lear doc, so I have a fondness for the man and his works and am curious despite thinking it was a silly idea. I may have to check it out.

I saw that documentary when it aired on PBS, it was very good, you should be proud!:)

I thought there was a studio audience? 

Todd Grinnell liked a tweet of mine so that was cool :) but so did Carolyn Hinsey LOL (obviously about different things). Never really gave Twitter much of a chance but it's not awful when you get noticed ;) lol. 

24 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

I saw that documentary when it aired on PBS, it was very good, you should be proud!:)

I had very little to do with it outside of marketing.

I had a huge crush on Glenn Scarpelli when I was a kid watching the show in syndication so it was fun to grow up and discover he too was family.

16 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

Todd Grinnell liked a tweet of mine so that was cool :) but so did Carolyn Hinsey LOL (obviously about different things). Never really gave Twitter much of a chance but it's not awful when you get noticed ;) lol. 

Ha....yeah Twitter is nice....you need to add Lachlan Buchanan and Jacob Young...they responds to their fans and tweets they get. Just don't add Gina Tognoni. She comes off like a snob on there...never responds to her fans either.

5 minutes ago, Vee said:

I had a huge crush on Glenn Scarpelli when I was a kid watching the show in syndication so it was fun to grow up and discover he too was family.

Eww...really? I never found him attractive....and he always came off gay on the show. So it was no surprise to find out later on he was gay as a picnic basket.

Edited by Soapsuds

22 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

Is there? It's an assumption on my part that there isn't, but I guess it's possible. I figured they wouldn't miss a chance to have a "Filmed before a live studio audience" voiceover somewhere.

3 minutes ago, All My Shadows said:

Is there? It's an assumption on my part that there isn't, but I guess it's possible. I figured they wouldn't miss a chance to have a "Filmed before a live studio audience" voiceover somewhere.

That's true. I thought I read it in an article about the show. Will have to find it. It's sort of hard to tell.

Fuller House is definitely in front of an audience - they've started breaking the fourth wall with it.

18 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Ha....yeah Twitter is nice....you need to add Lachlan Buchanan and Jacob Young...they responds to their fans and tweets they get. Just don't add Gina Tognoni. She comes off like a snob on there...never responds to her fans either.

Eww...really? I never found him attractive....and he always came off gay on the show. So it was no surprise to find out later on he was gay as a picnic basket.

A lot of stars do unfortunately. I actually got a response from Garrett Clayton who seems super nice to his fans. I may have to add those two guys. 

6 minutes ago, Vee said:

Fuller House is definitely in front of an audience - they've started breaking the fourth wall with it.

Lol yeah. The screams alone tell me it's live. Netflix even did a video on if every show they air had Fuller House's live audience. Lol

Edited by KMan101

l4JyX6R20ZPRGUj96.gif

Them giving her a curtain was brilliant. The crowd goes nuts when she debuts in the first episode ...

And just because ...

26FKTEapF2kNPCqQw.gif

Edited by KMan101

Watching it and it's not bad. It makes me wanna watch the original lol.

Is that the same apartment from the original? Looks like the same set up(but just modernized).

No one can do the "OH MY GOD" the way Bonnie Franklin does though LMAO

33 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

l4JyX6R20ZPRGUj96.gif

Them giving her a curtain was brilliant. The crowd goes nuts when she debuts in the first episode ...

And just because ...

26FKTEapF2kNPCqQw.gif

Is that Schneider in the second pic?

3 hours ago, KMan101 said:

That's true. I thought I read it in an article about the show. Will have to find it. It's sort of hard to tell.

Pretty sure there isn't a laugh track. I follow Mike Royce on twitter and he made a comment that made it sound like there wasn't one.

Found it:

"It's not a laugh track!" - The Multi-Cammer's Lament

Edited by Juliajms

1 hour ago, KMan101 said:

Yes, and her little personal living room is so cute lol