B&B: September Discussion Thread

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched last night. Why is Thorsten all grumpy now again? He was better when he first joined as Ridge. Now Ridge looks miserable and constipated all the time. Again. And Caroline WAILING ... lord. I love her but no.

NuThomas is .... pretty I guess. He and the actor who play Zende don't give off straight vibes but a lot of actors on B&B don't ... lol. Zende is such window dressing it's sad. Brooke sighting ... she's fallen off the backburner and is behind the stove. Are they going for a Brooke/Ridge/Caroline/Thomas quad?

Maya is definitely propped. Eh.

Eric needs to shave and cut his hair. And what is Jacob Young doing to himself? His hair? That beard? No.

I see I'm watching during a clear lull.

Bill and Katie have zero place on the canvas at the moment. LOL. In my alternate soap universe Don and Heather never came to B&B and were still on Y&R playing Brad and Victoria.

I'd also cut my losses with Deacon, Quinn, Ivy and Wyatt. I'm 50/50 on Liam/Steffy.

• Members

Deacon and Quinn dont add anything to the show. I think Quinn has potential but Deacon is a waste of space. I think his only purpose was finally seeing hope connect with her father, but with her gone and no Amber or Bridget around, there isnt really any point to him.

Id actually test Quinn with a Forrester. Ridge or Thorne would suffice. Theres enough internal conflict there given her history. They can have her scheme and aim big again without going crazy.

Bill is wasted with Katie. Its too bad they ended he with Brooke bc as vile as they were when they started, I eventually thought they worked. In a perfect world, she'd finally croak and the show would find a way to get Bill back with Steffy. I actually like her with Liam so it could be a good triangle

Ivy and Wyatt are a C level couple. Im not against them staying but the only potential i see here is them being utilized like Aly and Oliver. Please just give him the Oliver treatment. Ivy can be snarky and just there until story calls for her being used more

Wow, Bell really doesnt know what to do with an aging Brooke. Even as SF got older, Stephanie was always frontburner and used in some meaningful capacity. Brooke? She barely feels like a supporting character. She's in such a weird spot bc she's not a spring chicken anymore but she's not some old matriarch. Bell doesnt know what to do with a woman in her 50s. I wish they'd just bring Hunter Tylo back to give Brooke a sparring partner. She should have returned for the Aly vs Steffy stuff and still should. I can see Steffy confiding in her mother and Brooke being determined to uncover the secret with Taylor protecting her daughter

• Members

Brooke should have been Stephanie-lite, as a thorn in Maya's side. But instead they've had her as Caroline's. 

I really don't know what they could do with her either tbh, she just feels tired at this point. She "was" the show for so long, she should have been able to sustain like Erica Kane did on AMC, but instead she just feels out of place. 

On the other hand, Eric fits perfectly in his role, more than he has in years. 

• Members

Ugh! How sad that a smart, successful woman is reduced to popping someone else's meds, getting drunk and acting as if her life is over because some grandpa is unwilling to 'compromise.' Yeah, Caroline relationship are all about 'compromise,' especially when you're being asked to do all the compromising. Those scenes were so deperessing to watch and I'm not sure why Caroline had to be obsessed about having a kid when she is still quite young. It's not like her clock is ticking! 

• Members

Im sick of Caroline's crying. Thats all she seems to do. I also hate how they have her willing to give up being a mother for a man. Children isnt something you can really compromise on. The writing for her in regards to this relationship with Ridge is pathetic

Why not? She knows she wants kids. She was trying to get pregnant when she was married to Rick. This isnt something new about her. There is an age difference between she and Ridge and if she really loves him and wants to eventually get married and spend her life with him, the issue of kids will come up, so its best it happens now and not years from now when she is older and they are married. She is in her late 20s. There is no point in wasting her good years on a man that is not willing to ever give her what she wants. This is why this needs to be discussed now

• Members

LMAO. Agreed.

Don't want to offend any other posters, but I was glad to see Raya. I actually missed them. I'm so totally bored by all the other story lines. 

Edit: That's not true, I love bitchy Ivy! Would rather see her sock it to Steffy than whining Caroline about to give it to PodThomas. 

• Members

The last scene creeped me out, too. And Thomas wasn't really there to be a friend to Caroline. He wanted to take advantage of the situation to get Caroline away from Ridge. They don't need to be taking a legacy kid and ruin him by having him go too far with Caroline in this way. 

• Members

I guess it's just sad seeing her so distraught. She was basically saying she'd give up kids to be with Widge. IDK. It just rubs me the wrong way.

I think it would've been better if Thomas hadn't 'seduced' her in the very creepy fantasy then this might have seemed a bit more organic. Instead after his obsession, it's got a very stalker/date rape vibe to it. 

Archived