It's time again…grade the soaps!!

• Members

B&B: B+...I have to agree with others on this, B&B is pretty much at the top of its game compared to other soaps as of late, as flawed as it may be.

Days: F...Good god, I've attempted to watch it several times within the past few months, and, with all due respect to anybody that is a fan, I just do not like it at all. It's not a soap I really ever watched to begin with to be completely honest, so aside from the Marlena serial killer storyline, I don't know a lot about it.

GH: D...While I'm not exactly a die hard fan, I don't mind it, I do find it entertaining. We don't get it on television here in Australia, so I tune into it through youtube from time to time.

Y&R: C...While I'm not exactly a fan of Pratt's tenure so far, to say the very least, there are things I do like. Lately Y&R will just do a complete 180 with me, one day I'll be enthralled with all that's going on, the next I'm just rolling my eyes in boredom or annoyance, I just can't decide.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I only watch 2 Soaps.

Y&R- B-

It is not the same, and some characters are out of wack. But I still watch it, and I am not Fast Fowarding too much. It could use some work.

B&B- A-

We were at such a high earlier this year, we knew it would go down. I am loving the new characters, with some new blood. However, too much Liam/Steffy/Wyatt/Ivy. The only part of that story I like is Aly. BTW, when are they going to call Thorne to say his daughter is out of wack again?

• Members

Just watched a week of B&B. The actress who plays Steffie is painful to watch; she's had as much surgery and work done as Hunter Tylo. It's frightening to see.

The crazed teen storyline is so campy and heavy handed but the actress is very good and will go places. Let's hope she kills Steffie.

Ivy is fantastic.

NuRidge is just awful. I have never liked that actor and he's so miscast in the role and his guttural/raspy voice is as annoying as Doug Davidson's Paul on Y&R

The Maya/Parents mini arc will be too pat and sugar coated but some of the early scenes have been good. Although, once again, Patrick Mulcahey's Monday July 6th script blows the other writers out of the water; not one other script writer compares to his ability on that show. It's kind of bizarre how out of balance the writing tends to be. Loved the July 3rd/Holiday episode. Reminded me of the Bauers on Guiding Light; even the Forrester kitchen looks like Mo Bauer's kitchen.

I'd give it an A minus for the summer so far. It's fun and glamorous.

• Members

B&B easily A- The only thing that really bugged me was Wyatt/Steffy, but I'm kind of digging the energy between AB/DB.

Y&R a solid B. It's not perfect and I watch maybe two times a week, but I've never turned off an episode because at least we are seeing a lot of familiar faces getting heavy air time and so I'm more curious about it.

DAYS - I will return in the fall, with hopes that they'll figure it out.

Archived