AMC: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Members

I imagine he does exist, but you could be right. While I guessed initially this would lead to a blocked sexual abuse story, I then doubted myself, but after that kid dream I don't anymore. Maybe Evelyn took over her life to try to shield her from that (and is actually related to her?)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are you blind, have I not been saying that I'm watching?

A ) whoopie doo

B ) No teen, at 18, in this generation, calls their parent a guardian. You won't find a black, latino, chino, vino...no [!@#$%^&*] kid uses the word guardian. Social workers do, teachers do, principals do, I have yet to dump into an adopted kid that uses that term. Not even little AJ ~years back said that for Snorissa the boring lezbo.

• Members

This person isn't her parent though either - foster parent maybe. While I don't care for the term guardian, all that person is doing is paying the bills and has no relationship to Celia. I wish they had another name, but I have no idea what would be better other than dude who pays my bills.

• Members
again you missed a very vital component which has been spelled out here for you but again, Celia is NOT calling her parent a guardian. Her parents are dead. The man taking care of her is her guardian. She has never met him , do he is a stranger to her. Calling him her guardian is an accurate description of what he is to her

• Members

like just listen to how this Celia character is. Just her words.

"My guardian wouldn't like that"

"I met a boy"

she's 18! in college! and hasn't been to a club, hasn't kissed a boy till yesterday and hasn't had sex.

No wonder JLP is having trouble connecting w/ her. laugh.png

you miss the point where no one in this generation uses that term. And she did call him her guardian. She repeatedly has.

• Members

I don't think any point is being missed. It's clear Celia uses that term because she's been sheltered and raised by that uptight, old school bat Evelyn. Celia knows no other word to use & doesn't realize how dated she sounds! LOL

I do agree with this though now that I really think about it.

• Members

I remember the episode where Celia is tutoring Miranda and mentions her guardian... Miranda gives her this look of confusion and asks 'your guardian?'... then Celia explains what she means.

Based on that scene, it appears as if the show is aware that Celia is isolated and that how she talks isn't how girls her age and younger talk.

With that said, before the show had started.. i thought Celia would have been tied with AJ/Miranda/Hunter.. and based on the smirk in the promo pic of the actress.. i figured she would be a little more of a vixen pretending to be all goody goody. I figured she would be the spoiler for AJ/Miranda.. and be the one to spill the beans to Miranda about her father being a rapist.

Then I would have had her trying to use Pete to make AJ 'jealous' unaware that he is using her to make Miranda jealous. I would tie Pete to Colby and Cassandra (once she is rescued).. and throw in a 4th guy .. and we wouldn't be sure who would end up with whom. That would take care of the late 20s/early 30s crowd.

Heck, I would have had Scott and Madison back.. especially given Madison's backstory of being mistreated by her dad, I could have seen her working at the Miranda Center with Brooke and recognizing Celia as a fellow victim of abuse.. while Scott tries to play peacemaker with JR/AJ/Adam/Brooke.

Just some thoughts/ideas I've had.

• Members

Your use of Celia would have been 100% perfect. wub.png And I agree her and AJ and Petey would have been something to watch, while MiMo goes into her Erica Kane phase.

IDK about Scott and Madison, it's too early and the focus has to be about drawing interest in the show, not putting us to sleep. I mean look at this [!@#$%^&*] Pete and Celia storyline, could you imagine that the boring Scott w/ Madison continuing?

Archived