FX Canada drops AMC/OLTL!?!?!?

• Members

No, I wasn't trying to show you up, AMS. I was trying to get it clear in my mind.

I'm with alexisfan: it seems absurd, but I don't think there's any way to cut out the "MORE" unless you watch on Hulu. :(

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder with the change to one more episode if someone subscribes to the 20 episode packs for both shows if they will be paying twice for the More episodes (one for AMC and one for OLTL). Someone will have to let us know. If they do that would be ridiculous as it is the same show and you should only have to pay for it once.

• Members

On the one hand, I agree with you, alexisfan. But, on the other hand, they probably know no one would watch "MORE" if it were free, making those episodes expensive to produce.

ITA.

• Members

I don't think this can be good if they try to get a cable deal in the US. I think this stuff with FX Canada will hurt the chances of that alot. I can see a cable co being wary that if they did a deal for this that PP might renege on it like did they FX

• Members

shpu;d be BTS of AMC & OLTL

Given that FX Canada isnt even carried by all cable providers in Canada I doubt it will be a factor in getting a US cable deal. I think if the shows still stay pipular on Itunes & Hulu that will bring the cable deal. We will see after September

• Members

Or "INSIDE." wink.png

I never thought I'd say this, but...maybe they SHOULD try to work something out with OWN. Oprah could use the programming, especially as a companion of sorts to Tyler Perry's crap; and because PP are producing AMC and OLTL and depending on revenues generated from online ads to continue funding them, she could air the shows without incurring any of the production costs. If anything, whatever monies AMC and OLTL net from airing on OWN would be extra money in everyone's pockets.

• Members

The question right now is have they burned their bridges with FX, or is that an ongoing situation. FX ordered years upon years of the Charlie Sheen sitcom Anger Management upfront, because they knew the low-brow sitcom would make bank for their prestige dramas courtesy of the Two and a Half Men zombie fans. Soap fans are a not entirely dissimilar market and resource.

It could be FX, it could be TNT. But it could and should be done somewhere. Preferably not OWN.

• Members

I thought the exact same thing because a few of those early BTS videos were identical and they let me download it twice, I think they just had the name of the show differently labeled or something.

Yeah good point. But even as free shows, they're not that interesting yet. The interviews? Sure. But the rest? Not really. Maybe filming on set while they filmed scenes, showing the cast having fun in their dressing rooms, or actually listening to what the fans want, such as deleted scenes, would help. They're doomed to fail if they don't listen to what we want. But I forgot, apparently we want less episodes because we're crying out about how hard it is to keep up. I don't appreciate anyone telling me what I think lol. A little off topic, but you get my point.

• Members

I agree, I could see 2 episodes a week working in a distribution deal. The AMC episodes could be shown together in an hour on one day per week, and the OLTL episodes could be shown together in another hour, though not necessarily in a two-hour block together with the AMC episodes.

I think the right day of the week would be tricky though. I think people pretty much only watch TV for sports during the day on the weekends, and they're out and about, so I don't think the weekends are the best. Weekends are great for catching up with the episodes online, but not for a TV drama schedule.

Archived