GH: People magazine special for the 50th anniversary

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kirsten is also on the cover because it's one of the new shots they took, otherwise they'd have all old shots. Who else in the current cast could've worked? No one wants Leslie on there with how she looks now. I suppose Lulu would work but with Luke and Laura on there, it would be redundant.

• Members

I just looked up Ricky Martin and GH and almost laughed. The Tarzan hair and if they were going for a past 90s GH male hunk that's also somewhat recognizable to the mainstream, they made the right choice. Blackie is 80s and Sabato Jr.'s pic looks old school but not too old school. I wouldn't have even recognized Martin if they put this picture on it.

F3A88F45F5FF9DD291F3F2BFC62BF.jpg

• Members

Over Ricky Martin?

Look, I love John Stamos as much as the next person (after all, he's the only reason why I tuned in to Full House every TGIF), but I find it hard to believe that he or Antonio Sabato, Jr. (who I don't have anything against, personally) would garner as much press as Ricky Martin - even in his post-"Latin explosion", openly gay, Broadway-singing celebrity existence.

• Members

IA. Luke & Laura alone would have been fine. Or even just with Duke & Anna and Sonny & Brenda. But Jagger and Maxie just do not fit. If you listed the top 20 all-time most popular GH characters - neither Maxie nor Jagger would be on it. Heck, I'm not even sure they are in the top 50. It's just WTF.

• Members

It's also a hideous photo of Kristen Storms. People are going to think it's a tribute to that Grateful Dead band from the Muppets. Not GH.

The cover looks cheap all around, and also gives the impression that GH has NO IDENTITY. These aren't even very famous people to the casual buyer. It's awful.

Archived