Dark Shadows - The Movie

Marco Dane

• Members

Why would the critics trash Dark Shadows? Burton's movies are not automatic critical sensations. I recall Mars Attacks had middling reviews. I don't even know if the recent Alice In Wonderland even lasted in the theaters two weeks. Planet of The Apes got trashed. Some of Burton's movies have been great. Ed Wood I can watch over and over again. Batman and Batman Returns were great, and I liked Pee Wee before I even knew who Tim Burton was.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh I completely forgot about big gay Roger lol. David I don't care about, but we still have Roger, David and Carolyn to cast. And Elizabeth's friend who was blackmailing her was Jason McGuire.

Hopefully this movie does the original storyline plus 1795 justice. If it's successful enough maybe we'll have sequels that tell furthur DS stories. I just wonder if it'll be set in the present day or the 60s? Probably present day, but I think our technology is too advanced to buy all this crazy stuff happening at Collingwood and nobody noticing it.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

I would keep Maggie as a background character, at the very least. I think it would be nice if they cast Kathryn Leigh Scott in that role. She could still be working at the diner.

I don't think the cast sounds all that great so far - Helena gives the same performance in every film and the most interesting thing about Pfeiffer in the last 15 years has been whether she did something to her face. All Burton films are the same, with different titles.

I liked the cast of the 90's remake (although I would have preferred someone more dynamic as Roger). I just didn't like the writing.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

He already seemed to be playing Michael Jackson in that abysmal Willy Wonka remake.

So Depp is doing the same old costuming he does in every movie. All we need is Helena Botham Carter in her Goth Talk getup and we'll know this is Generic Depp/Burton Ego Trip #43.

• Members

+1! :lol: I'm sitting here trying to rationalize how horrendous he looks, wondering if the lighting design/color tone they're going for necessitates the makeup that just looks so *extra* in natural light. He looks like the love child of Dr. Moreau and Quentin Crisp.

Archived