Dark Shadows - The Movie

Marco Dane

• Members

Dark Shadows

Dark Shadows Set to Shoot in January

Source: Deadline

July 15, 2010

Tim Burton's Dark Shadows is set to roll in January 2011, reports Deadline.

The film has also received a new writer in the form of Seth Grahame-Smith (author of "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter"), who will rewrite the John August screenplay.

Based on the cult soap opera from the 1960's, the film stars Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins, a popular vampire character who took over the show's focus after he first appeared one year into the series' original five year run

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh, Tim Burton's movies are all the same to me. Take a story written by someone else, make it EXTREMELY dark and depressing, add in some weird animated characters, and have Johnny Depp snort a line of crack from Toronto to Tijuana.

I hope it works, but I don't see myself enjoying it.

• Members

Yep. It is so disheartening to see Burton and Depp's name with Dark Shadows. Then you're going to have all these stupid mugs who think Depp was the BEST BARNABAS OF ALL TIME!

Gag me.

Wonder who Helena will play? Josette or Angelique? Either way, major eyeroll.

• Members

And let's not forget the annoying emo kids. They'll love the movie, then they'll read a few odd sentences about it, then they'll pretend they hate the movie because they're "true fans" of DS, but they'll never see an actual episode (or they'll watch the first one, not see Barnabas, then not pursue it any further). Then they'll look down at everyone else for being "vampire bandwagoners."

AMS's friend: Hey, man, you see Dark Shadows yet?

AMS: Yeah...ugh.

AMS's friend: Dude, it was awesome, right?

AMS: Not really. I'm not big on Tim Burton.

Emo: Have you even seen the real Dark Shadows? Because it's way more than just a movie.

AMS: Yes, I've been a fan since I was--

Emo: Ugh, now DS is mainstream, and everybody wants to be a fan, it bores me now.

AMS: Grayson Hall.

Emo: What?

AMS: Exactly. Now shut up.

She'll play Josette with Angelique's personality.

• Members

Well some might. You could take the Victor/Viki relationship from OLTL and turn it into a movie. You know, explore her childhood and how he became a dirty old man and she splintered into 6 other people and what not.

• Members

Is Diana Rigg too old to play Mrs Stoddard? I think that would be great. Or if she is too old they could go for someone like Gwyneth Palrow with dark hair. But please, not Glenn Close. This seems like a role that would have Glenn Close written all over it and I am sick of her. Liev Schreiver for Roger Collins or Willie Loomis. (Liev can do anything really)

• Members

Really, I dont think he is depressing at all..dark yes..but his movies all have good winning out in the end..and along the way there are funny lines, etc. But I LURVE the second Batman he did...really, really dark, and rather audacious to set it during Christmas, and Sleepy Hallow is one of my favorite movies.

I kind of think of Burton as being "old school." in terms of movies that kids can enjoy..there is real menance..not the jokey kind of villians that most kids movies have. The Wizard of OZ is really, really dark too if you think about it. Would love to have Burton do a movie based on the book, not the Judy Garland classic.

Archived