OLTL: Jean Passanante joins writing team

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And where exactly did you two expect her to land? In this shrinking market already full of hacks? :P

This is like when someone joins as a consultant — you just know he or she will be the next head writer. She secured a job really quickly, months in advance. And it's not a competing soap — it can't be when it got cancelled.

I always thought she would retire. Silly me.

• Members

Land at OLTL as HW immediately, not AHW. :P

I honestly think ABC is done supporting Carlivati (if they ever supported him to begin with and tired of the show's tanking demos and ratings). They already hired Kreizman/Swajeski for AMC, so it would be no surprise if they hire another hack from a canceled PGP soap.

This is of course a likely possibility too.

• Members

I actually never thought they were supportive of his "efforts". They just used him for some sinister or God-will-know-which end. His appointment always rang weeeiirrrd, fishy to me.

So that she can familiarise herself with the current canvas even though she "knows" the show. You can already see a sh!tty statement for the press about her naming.

• Members

Well I'm not shocked by this news. Certainly find it frustrating that soaps continue to hire the same hack writers over and over. You don't see this happen in prime-time to this extent. Time to bring in some new fresh blood and stop recycling the same bad people. I suspect she's being brought in to bring the show to a close and that Ron will probably be out by summer. Sad for OLTL. Last year it was so good and watched everyday, but now it's just a total crapshoot and about to get worse with this news.

Archived