Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

HBO: Game of Thrones

1379 replies to this topic

#261 EricMontreal22

EricMontreal22

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 16,593 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

The first season they did not use CGI wolves, but this wolf most definitely looked fake. Joffrey is becoming more than Cersei can handle, I imagine his evil ways will be his undoing. I am glad they did not forget the king' other son on the road. I am not sure how I feel about the new budget meaning loads of action. I love action but what made GoT the great show was the characters and machinations, not the war. I hope they don't shortchange the royal court dynamic for war too much.

I think there's really only the one important fight (if you've read the books you know which) that will mean more action--fans were upset that they couldn't film the one in season 1 and just cut away, and this one is more important, though honestly I didn't mind them cutting away. Lots of the budget also is going to things like not using fake snow but actually filming the beyond the wall stuff in Iceland.

The Direwolves were real dogs last year. This year because they're meant to be much bigger, they're a combo of trained wolves and CGI.

#262 YRBB

YRBB

That's Head Bitch Jill Foster Abbott to you!

• Members
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

This show never disappoints!

#263 Ann_SS

Ann_SS

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

I am loving Tyrion at court I hope that he really does not trust Varys. I still think that there is too much going on, too many threads to follow. However, Renly and Arya's stories are interesting. Poor Yoren.

#264 quartermainefan

quartermainefan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 6,241 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:44 AM

I like that Anne Bolyne from The Tudors is now on this show as I loved The Tudors and it's like a mini crossover for me. She seems like a very nice and understanding queen. Her king is a nice guy but he's just not into her and doesn't even seem able to to get things working around her, poor guy. I wonder how they will figure this out. The lady knight got off on the wrong foot with me because she gave Lady Cat lip for no reason at all. The one I feel sorry most for this year is Theon Greyjoy. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't and he really set out to do right by everybody. No good deed goes unpunished.

#265 Ann_SS

Ann_SS

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

I actually liked Brienne's brusqueness with Cat a lot. The actress playing Brienne is not unattractive as described in the book, but she is very powerful and interesting. I look forward to seeing how the character is developed.

I have no sympathy for Theon. He is and always was an ass. His pride and ego put him in this situation. His father is horrible, but that is to be expected.

Edited by Ann_SS, 16 April 2012 - 08:20 AM.

#266 Juliajms

Juliajms

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,969 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

I like Brienne because she's loyal. Renly is her King and she was expected Cat to treat him as a King.

I also like Margaery Tyrell, she is awesome. She knows the score and she knows what needs to be done. Renly should listen to her.

Edited by Juliajms, 16 April 2012 - 11:50 AM.

#267 Ann_SS

Ann_SS

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

I did not like Natalie Dormer in The Tudors, but she is doing a good job portraying Margaery's pragmatism. Renly is fortunate to have her.

#268 Ann_SS

Ann_SS

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

Melisandre's giving birth was one of the most freaky things ever.

Tyrion continues to rule. Someone kill Joffrey and painfully.

Why does Tywin have Needle? For once his timing was good.

#269 YRBB

YRBB

• Members
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

This was a wonderfully tense episode.

Joffrey becomes more and more surprising with the levels of evilness he exhibits. Just when you think he's done...

Absolutely LOVE Tyrion's continuous efforts for dominance in the court. It's so much watching him manipulate and cajole people to his will.

I am fascinated by the twist in which Aria becomes Tywin's servant. Quite soapy. Can't wait to see where that goes!

Dany is wonderful; her story has been VERY slow-paced this season but it nevertheless continues to be fascinating.

Melisandre giving birth was... absolutely stunning and shocking. Such a great ending.

#270 quartermainefan

quartermainefan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 6,241 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

Melisandre can give Rosemary a run for her money in the baby dept! Joffrey is just a no good, rotten kid.

#271 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,026 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

What the hell did I just watch?

#272 Ann_SS

Ann_SS

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

Good episode, but they could have added a bit more drama to Renly's death. It happened so quickly.

Thank goodness for Peter Dinklage. Tyrion is the best. I loved him tormenting Lancel and his snarky commentary on the street politicians' complaints, only to realize that he was the "demon monkey." Hilarious.

Dany and Theon's stories is starting to bore me, but the previews suggest that it is heating up.

They also need to move Jon Snow's story along. This show needs some serious violence and action.

Edited by Ann_SS, 29 April 2012 - 09:41 PM.

#273 YRBB

YRBB

• Members
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

That was great!

I think my favorite moment was that chilling look that Tywin and Aria exchanged during their scene. It was lethal. I am very intrigued to see what happens with Jaqen... who else will she ask to be killed? And, YES at Gendry without a shirt. More, please.

I did NOT expect Renly to be killed, especially not by that shadow-demon thingy. The alliance that it brought between Cat and Soldier Woman is great.

Tyrion continues to fascinate. He is all types of WIN.

Dany and Theon's stories is starting to bore me, but the previews suggest that it is heating up.

They also need to move Jon Snow's story along. This show needs some serious violence and action.

I agree... It's time that they move the stories along, especially with only 10 episodes in a season.

But this marriage for Dany seems promising.

#274 Ann_SS

Ann_SS

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

I forgot Jaqen and Arya. I enjoyed their interactions and murderous plotting. He is dirty with straggly hair, but I think that he is very handsome, something about his eyes.

#275 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,026 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

Oh no, not Renly! I was so loving him too

and for YRBB

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Cheap21, 30 April 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#276 YRBB

YRBB

• Members
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

and for YRBB

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What a delicious surprise! Thank you :D

#277 YRBB

YRBB

• Members
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

That must be my favorite episode of the season. Great action, horrifying violence.

My heart was pounding throughout. The scene were Theon kills Rodrick; Littlefinger, Tywin and Arya (I'm sure Littlefinger must at least suspect); the riot and, especially the threat of Sansa's rape (I was SURE it would happen!); the great ending.

I love the twist that Jon's story took. It will be interesting to see how it develops now that he's lost with a wildling.

I was surprised that Osha was planning to help the Starks all along.

Is it only me or does it seem like Robb's romcom Lady Whatever was bluffing and that she IS actually a spy?

Loving everything with Tywin and Arya. The fact that that little girl can more than hold her own against an actor of Charles Dance's caliber is just shocking.

Dany seemed a bit nutso the way she was going on and on and on at the Spice King but I guess she's right.

#278 Ann_SS

Ann_SS

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

I really liked this episode except for Theon who proves to be even more of an ass.

Tyrion got to slap Joffrey again. Good times, good times. I can't believe how quick he was to abandon Sansa even knowing that it would cost Jamie his death. Jamie is lucky that Tyrion loves him so much or he would be lost.

Osha rocks! She got Rikon, Bran, Hodor, and the wolves out. Someone needs to give Theon a long painful death.

I have fallen in love with Jaqen who I think is sooo handsome. I love his eyes.

Where is Ghost? How can he just leave Jon to wander in the ice like that? Oh well. I am sure that Jon will be getting some from Ygritte soon.

Could Robb be more obvious that he was lusting after that woman?

I forgot about Dani: She is a piece of work. A little humility would go a long to helping her further her cause.

Edited by Ann_SS, 06 May 2012 - 09:20 PM.

#279 Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

What a delicious surprise! Thank you Posted Image

You need to go watch the first two series of SKINS right now. You'll be blown away by how different he is there. I didn't even realize it was the same actor until I looked it up.

And was Ygritte, Gwen, from Downton Abbey?

#280 YRBB

YRBB

• Members
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

You need to go watch the first two series of SKINS right now. You'll be blown away by how different he is there. I didn't even realize it was the same actor until I looked it up.

And was Ygritte, Gwen, from Downton Abbey?

SKINS has been on my list foreeeever. I really gotta get to it.

OMG yes it is! I thought she looked familiar!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users