Toups

The Politics Thread

17,371 posts in this topic

Speaks volumes

8 minutes ago, I Am A Swede said:

Well, a quick search on the net doesn't exactly fill me with confidence regarding that site's trustworthiness....

type his name into facebook and all his friends are saying it's him

Joel VanGheluwe

16 minutes ago, I Am A Swede said:

Well, a quick search on the net doesn't exactly fill me with confidence regarding that site's trustworthiness....

It isn't trustworthy. It's that fake news Trump and his followers are accusing the press who are on to Trump's treasonous behavior of being 

7 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

These images are being broadcast to the world and for many, will now be seen as what America now stands for, like it or not. Ironically Trump, in all his boorish lies, claimed he'd 'restore' respect to the U.S. He has done the exact opposite. No one respects this clown-show of absurdity that is unfolding in front of our eyes.

I'd guess most countries already had this view of us (and are likely worried because marches closer and closer to this nature are happening in many European countries), but Trump's erratic and embarrassing displays on war, and the lack of any strong voice to stand up to him, are things that will haunt us in the eyes of the world for a long time, even if it doesn't get any worse than this past week (which it likely will). Global markets tumbling is something that we're going to all end up paying for. 

This is why, as you and others have said, you don't elect Presidents who go on about being good for business.

WOW - Terry McAuliffe said everything you would expect the president had said. Not brag about job numbers he had zero to do with.

2 hours ago, Khan said:

SMH.

I knew this would not end well.

As an African-American, I feel truly ashamed of what is happening to my country.

I have a lot of respect for the people who are able to go out and protest. I have had a lot of mixed feelings about some of the larger marches, as some treat it as a vanity project, a way to get a cool selfie,but protests like this, where people knew they were putting their lives at risk, you have to respect them. I wonder how many will realize this is what actual freedom is about - not spewing hate on Twitter.

6 hours ago, Khan said:

Say what you will about ol' Hill -- and I have said and believed plenty -- but I believe, with every fiber of my being, that we would not be right now on the precipice of nuclear war (and quite possibly, the total annihilation of life as we know it) if this woman were behind that desk in the Oval Office.

I think that type of thing was going to be happening no matter what (which is one of the reasons Susan Rice has expressed regrets about how the NK situation has been handled in recent years), but we know she would at least take the matter seriously. It's all a game to Trump, and a way to feel like a big man. 

No. This wouldn't be happening like this. By many accounts, NK is actually scrambling to play diplomat to Trump.

Edited by Vee

55 minutes ago, OLTL #1 fan said:

type his name into facebook and all his friends are saying it's him

Joel VanGheluwe

It's not him, he's just someone the alt-right chose to blame. Stop lying.