Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ranger1rg

Bright Promise

110 posts in this topic

Gail Kobe, who was an actress featured in an article above and was also a producer (Return to Peyton Place, The Guiding Light, Texas, The Edge of Night) died about two weeks ago.

Thanks for posting the articles about Nancy Stephens and Peter Ratray. Ratray's wife would have been pregnant at the same time as his onscreen wife, Pamela Murphy. I don't remember if I knew that. Anyway, in trying to learn more about the Ratray-Willis baby I stumbled upon the info that they had another child, Devin Ratray, who appeared as MacCauley Culkin's older brother Buzz in the "Home Alone" films.

I didn't care for Ratray's sleazy stockbroker character on "Ryan's Hope," though I would be interested to see how he was on "Bright Promise."

Pamela Murphy and Michael McCready her husband at the time. He was the son of George McCready, Columbia contract player of the 40's (Gilda etc) and later Martin Peyton on Peyton Place.Their son Oliver played Romeo on Guiding Light 2001-02

$T2eC16NHJG8E9nyfmY4dBQ6t+izIe!~~60_57.J

Great photos. Their son was very underrated on GL (also very charismatic).

I wish Susan had grown out her hair in later years too.

146183848.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=GkZZ8
RMJune 11, 2012

Bright Promise

• By: NBC
  • Collection: NBCUniversal
  • People: Dana Andrews
  • BRIGHT PROMISE -- Pictured: Dana Andrews as Thomas Boswell -- (Photo by: NBC/

September 1976 TV by

TVbyDay976049_zpse02a3722.jpg

TVbyDay976050_zpseb248906.jpg

I didn't know she was on a soap before starring in the Halloween movies with Jamie Lee Curtis and Donald Pleasance Edited by cassadine1991

I didn't know she was in those movies.

I wish we could see this show. Is this one of those that is archived somewhere? I can't remember.

She was also one of the actresses to play Mary Anderson on Days of our Lives.

I didn't know she was on a soap before starring in the Halloween movies with Jamie Lee Curtis and Donald Pleasance

I didn't know she was in those movies.

I wish we could see this show. Is this one of those that is archived somewhere? I can't remember.

She was also one of the actresses to play Mary Anderson on Days of our Lives.

yeah Nancy Stephens played Marion Chambers in the first, second and in H20 (7th one), she's also married to Rick Rosenthal who directed the 2nd and 8th one