EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Just the thumbnail is hilarious tbh

The original/real Michelle was a very earthy, raw character IMO. Nothing like the recast in most ways. I don't know why they seem to have actively written, dressed and cast for a Michelle who just screams delusional middle-aged hausfrau. It was never who she was. She is largely unrecognizable to me.

I do think Jenna Russell is talented and playing what they give her. It's just that it's mostly so bad. I guess I'll give the reveal scenes a chance.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought the last couple of episodes were good. A bit too soapy with the aunt sleeping with her niece's boyfriend, but Martin and Bex are gems. The car crash was unnecessary but it looked better than that stupid bus crash from earlier this year. If Kathy dies that would make her return from the dead unbelievably pointless. She was better off as Sandy Roscoe. The Tina scenes were so well-done, I would hate to see her leave. Also only on EastEnders do you get two women well over 80 bickering, that was funny.

• Members

I haven't watched in ages now, but I've always felt like the show treats gays as an afterthought. Or as a joke/embarrassment like a bad british sitcom. But maybe that's just me. EE has been miserable for a very long time, it's hard to stay tuned. I try but then I tune right back out.

Shame they're wasting and ruining Michelle.

• Members

OK. I caught tonight and I was not impressed. While I feel like I should hate the Preston character, I actually pity him after seeing how Sharon, Bex, and Martin treated him. 

My eyes literally rolled out my head when Sharon told Preston that he was a 'cancer' to Michelle. This coming from the broad, who stays going back to Phil time and time again? I truly wish that Letitia Dean would leave the show again as they've destroyed Sharon. 

Martin scolding Preston annoyed me even more. How can declare Preston as being destructive when Martin killed someone? Sleeping with an elder v. killing someone with a car ... I think Martin has no room to talk. 

Bex grinning at the end with glee as Preston left was pathetic. 

I just hate how Preston took all the heat while Michelle didn't take as much and she IS the adult. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Preston didn't just sleep with an elder - he repeatedly used Bex for sex and as a cover for his relationship with Michelle. I think that was the main reason Martin was so angry. It was difficult for me to feel sorry for Preston, I guess because they didn't want us to, but I don't know if Martin accidentally running over someone would stop him from being furious at his teenage daughter being used that way. 

The pity parties for Michelle are nauseating, although I did like the scene where she wore Preston down until he agreed to leave, because they reminded me a lot of what Den would have done. 

• Members

I agree, but I'm not sure how most people would react if their daughter was the one who was caught up in it.

I know a lot of people hate Martin but for me he's pretty much the only reason I sat through any of this awful storyline. 

• 2 weeks later...