DAYS: The Best Billie Holliday Reed

• Members

Of the 3 actresses who have portrayed Billie Holliday Reed since 1992, who has been the best? Lisa Rinna (92-95; 02-03)? Krista Allen (96-99)? Julie Pinson (04-present)? If you choose Rinna or Allen, should either of them reprise the role?

Best Billie Holliday Reed: Lisa Rinna

Reprise?: Nope, Rinna should find stay in primetime for the time being. At least that way she'll be far from Corday's destruction. :lol:

Questions:

1. How'd Billie came to own Countess Wilhemina Cosmetics?

2. Who helped her with the stupid name for the company?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would say Lisa Rinna's first run, then Julie Pinson, then Krista Allen, then Lisa Rinna's second run. Amazing how the best can also be the worst, eh?

The only reason Julie Pinson isn't tops is because of the writing she's endured. Otherwise, she'd totally have top spot.

• Members

OK, ok....I need to be fair:

The only Billie I ever liked was LIsa Rinna's opposite Robert-Kelker Kelly's Bo. Did they have chemistry or WHAT?! Too bad RKK couldn't keep his hands off the young girls.(P.S. I LOVED Jamie and Mariam Parrish(I think that's what her name is.))

Quick Edit...Man, if you think about it...drop the Kelker from the name...you have R. Kelly. Coincidences galore!

• Members

LMAO!! I've actually noticed that before.

As for the character of Jamie, I enjoyed her, too. I loved how she was always getting on Sami's case for doing the things she was doing. JER always gives his bad guys that one friend that the bad guy can use to talk to and recap story. Just look at Tabitha and Timmy... now Endora.

Anyway, I've wished for years now that they'd bring Jamie back. I always enjoyed the dynamic her relationship with Sami. Sami needs a friend. Especially one that will make her question her actions and seem humane from time to time.

• Members

It's a toss up for me between Lisa's first run as Billie and Pinson's. Rinna might have a slight edge, but I will never be able to choose between the two. Lisa had a lot more going for her - RKK was fresh as Bo, Billie was a fresh role, and JER was a fresh writer. Billie has lost a bit of her edge and likability because of BOPE.

I guess, I think Pinson plays Billie better, but Rinna's first run was Billie at her best, if that makes sense.

• Members

I think Julie Pinson is terrible as Billie. I loved her on Port Charles, but she just doesn't click as Billie for me. I also am not crazy about a lot of her acting choices. At this point I'd like the character to just be written off.

TEAM RINNA!

BTW, Lisa Rinna's new show Tease premieres tonight on Oxygen! It airs before Janice Dickinson Modelling Agency. It's Project Runway for hair.

• Members

Tease? :blink:

lol.

I did hear about it only because Coby from Survivor: Palau said he's in it.

Julie Pinson is my favorite, with Lisa Rinna a close second, only because of her horrible return stint. Krista Allen is kind of there in the middle. I only really enjoyed her Billie when she was pregnant and boozing it up. I did like her in 1997 during her Paris drug-up sessions with her late father's ghost. Allen was hilarious as a druggie.

• Members

Lisa Rinna's first run as Billie was my favorite. She and the recast Bo (Robert Kelker-Kelly) were the best together. They were one of the reasons I really started to love Days. I loved the down and out Billie and I loved the original Kate and their rivalry. When Kate found out Billie was her daughter, those scenes blew me away.

I hated Krista Allens' version of Billie. She was one of the reasons I quit watching Days. Julie seems ok but I really want to see her get heavier material. The character needs more dimension like Billie had when she first arrived in Salem.

And what did Robert Kelker-Kelly do? He likes young girls? I haven't heard this. Is that why he isn't on a soap right now?

• Members

Lisa Rinna was the best, although I too liked her with Robert Kelker-Kelly's Bo as well. Julie Pinson has done some fine work, but the storylines have been terrible.

Krista Allen was okay...sure she was hot(see the move Liar Liar, but she wasn't all that good of an actress. She was pretty ineffective during the whole Georgia/Chelsea ordeal, and her dating Roman was like when Roman slept with Nicole. Ick! Her Billie finally showed some potential when she and Kate go into a catfight over Nicholas, but Allen was already one foot out the door by that point.

Archived